No: 'noindex' detected in 'robots' meta tag

2 0 0

Hi everyone!

I have built my site over the last 6 months and thought I had it all sorted until I requested indexing by Google. Now im getting error 'No: 'noindex' detected in 'robots' meta tag' and I have no idea how to fix it!

Im not great at the whole code side of things but if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thank you2019-09-02.png

0 Likes
Excursionist
20 0 5
So in Shopify we can't edit the robots.txt itself. What you can do in a browser is right click -> view source code and search for keywords from the meta tag below.

<meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow" />

Somehow I couldnt open your site, else I would have done it for you.

If you find it, this can probably also be found in your themefiles. Maybe in the theme.liquid?

Let me know what you can find out :-)
Was this answer helpful?
Leave a thumbs up, so others might find it faster.

Would you like to learn more about Shopify Development?
You might like my Youtube Channel
1 Like
2 0 0

Thanks so much for replying.

I've tried searching the source code and nothing is coming up for that line of code. I also tried just searching for 'noindex' but no results. 

Is there anything else I can try?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 5
So now I checked your homepage aswell and couldn't find any noindex meta tags. I can also confirm that your site is visible in the google search results.
I wonder if the issue just appears on your frontpage or any page of your shop. You might want to test some other pages of your shop. Let me know the results :-)
Was this answer helpful?
Leave a thumbs up, so others might find it faster.

Would you like to learn more about Shopify Development?
You might like my Youtube Channel
0 Likes