6 0 0

I cant to made my store USD but its not letting me do that please help

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 10.34.03 AM.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 46 145

Hey, @addictedtopatel!

Once a store has processed its first sale, we remove the ability to change the currency of the store. Here are a few reasons why:

Reporting: When changing currencies, our reporting won't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had $500 USD processing, that would show as $500 in reports. Say next day you switch to CAD, the report would still read as $500 for previous processing. So there's no clarification between currencies if the currency symbol is the same as before and since $1 CAD is not equal to $1 USD, the reports, in theory, will be wrong going forward.

You can, however, set a “date range” for the data they are reviewing, to exclude any transactions that might have been processed in a different currency before the specific date of the currency switch.

Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. Ex - $20 CAD, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing currency. If you need to know if this will affect any of the apps you have listed on your store, you will need to reach out to the app developer directly for more info.

Making any adjustments to your product pricing needs to consider in the currency difference. You will also want to review your product pages, themes, etc. for currency information, that might need to be adjusted. Note that refunds will be processed in the new currency.

If this is okay with you, then let me know as I can authenticate the account to allow you to update the currency for your store. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

isnt there anyway you can change it to USD permanent please ? i was testing my first order if it goes thru or not and thats how the CAD got set ! but i want it as USD

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hey,

I am developing an app to Shopify...

Can you please elaborate what happens when you change the currency? For example if there are discount codes with fixed price, let us say 10 EURO , and now I am changing the currency to USD in my store,  it means that their value  decreased? (10$ not equal to 10 EURO)  Or Shopify will make the conversion and the nominal value will stay the same?

Also does any one or anything (like API) notify the app developers that the currency in the store has changed?  Or the only responsibility is on the store owner?  

thanks!

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello @Peter ,

I am also facing the same issue. For testing order and  payment gateway I changed my store currency to INR, but after test order I am stuck with INR as my store currency, I want to switch to USD, as USA is my targeted market. Please help me out ASAP.

Thanks,

Rushikesh

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 46 145

@RushiDushara 

Not a problem! This will require that I authenticate your account so I can enable this section for you. If you could reply back to my email, we can get this resolved!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi I'm also having this issue. I was only making a test checkout and now I can't change the currency

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 46 145

@Philipb 

Not a problem! I've sent you an email so we can get this request looked after. 

0 Likes