Not being able to change store currency

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hey I have the same problem , my problem is that I did not know that I put Laos as my country I didn’t mean that I’m from the us and only trying to sell in the usd currency , now my whole store is in Laos currency and even if I change my currency account my products prices won’t change even if I go to the printify app it won’t give me an option to change it neither on Shopify and yes I made my first purchase as a test to see how the product is and now I’m stuck with this currency. I am not from Laos neither have a bank account in Laos , I went to the printful website and purchase my product there first as a test then I posted it in Shopify and the currency was change
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

@Davidgg27 

I have sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support." I will need you to reply to the email with the requested information to continue the request. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Peter, my target goal is the american market and right now it's shown in New Israeli Shekel.

Can you please change is to USD?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

@ananda604 

Sure thing! Email sent. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I confirm that I would like to change the currency of my store from USD to EUR. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

@yvettelibby 

I have followed up with you via email. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, Future Viewers!

If you have processed an order through your store, then updating the currency will be disabled. To enable the currency changer within Settings/General, will require the assistance of a Shopify support employee. Before the change can be made, you'll want to review the following: 

Reporting

• When changing currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had $500 USD processing, that would show as $500 in reports. Say the next day you switch to CAD; the report would still read as $500 for previous processing. So there's no clarification between currencies if the currency symbol is the same as before, and since $1 CAD is not equal to $1 USD, the reports, in theory, will be wrong going forward.
  • You can, however, set a "date range" for the data they are reviewing, to exclude any transactions that might have been processed in a different currency before the specific date of the currency switch.

Product Pricing

• Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price's value could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. Ex - $20 CAD, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

Apps

• Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing currency. If you need to know if this will affect any of the apps you have listed on your store, you will need to reach out to the app developer directly for more info.

Making any adjustments to your product pricing needs to consider the currency difference. You will also want to review your product pages, themes, etc. for currency information that might need to be adjusted. Note that refunds will be processed in the new currency.

If you have reviewed this information, and wish to proceed, then we'd ask that you reach out to our support via phones, chats, emails, or through social media on Facebook or Twitter as the Shopify Community Forum threads are not actively monitored by Shopify employees. By reaching out to our 24/7 support, you will receive a quicker response to making this change, which will result in a better user experience. For this reason, I will be closing this thread to all future replies.

0 Likes