Notifications going to Spam (only icloud / Apple E-Mail adresses)

1 0 0

Hello,

I'm using a custom domain and came about a "strange" problem. All notification e-mails (New Order, Shipping confirmations, ...) from Shopify going to Apple E-Mail addresses (@me.com or @icloud.com) are flagged as Spam. I tested some other e-mails i have (gmail, outlook, yahoo) and they are all fine and I receive every E-Mail on them.

I added SPF records as suggested:

v=spf1 include:zoho.eu include:shops.shopify.com ~all and tried also: v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com include:zoho.eu ~all.

If I send E-Mails from Zoho (my email hoster) to Apple Email addresses they are received without any issues. Only if they are send via Shopify smtp they have a problem. So it seems that Apple's E-Mail filtering works more strict. I've also contacted the Shopify Support Team, but it doesn't seem they will work on that ..

Now of course I can add as a workaroung something like "Thank you for your order. Please check your Spam Folder if you didn't receive the confirmation". But this is not really nice, as the same happens to shipping confirmations and so on.

So now I'm wondering: Anyone else having similar issues with Apple E-Mail addresses?

Thanks,

Dex

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am having the exact issues. I tried using my gmail email address and it, too is going to junk folder. I have spent so much time on this. Apple has diligently tried to help, but nothing works. If you rectified this, please let me know how you corrected the issue? tia

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Hey Debbie,

Sadly I couldn't find a solution and I gave up on this. It's still not nice for the customers, but I don't have an idea how to fix it.

- Dex

0 Likes