Office 365 email MX records changed after Bluehost domain transfer

Highlighted
2 0 0

Screenshot (337).pngScreenshot (338).png

Good Evening,

I transferred my Bluehost domain to Shopify on June 15th of this year.  Around June 22nd I stopped receiving emails to davide@ripemerchant.com, my Office 365 email I purchased earlier this year.  I checked security trails after calling Bluehost and they mention that they have no control over my email after the domain is transferred and to check with Google.  See below to verify that my domain's mail server was transferred on June 22nd, the last day I received an email.

Security Trails #1.PNG#2.PNG

1. My first question is is this normal?  After a domain transfer I understand that Shopify would take domain over my email too,  Tucows.com Co is a partner of Shopify.  Why would they direct my "paid" email to a directory that is unable to be used???

I understand that Shopify has email forwarding, and this would be great had I already not paid $40.00 for a yearly subscription.  Can I use this email, or can I receive a refund?    I have been calling all Shopify support centers and am unable to get someone on the phone.  

I then tried signing up for G Suite as I could use this service to manage my domain and emails, yet is it possible to use G Suite just for email?  When trying to verify my domain for G Suite it mentions I need to change MX records to set up email, and it detects my website as being owned by google, not Shopify.  

#3.PNG

I completed the verification process, yet now it's asking me to change my MX settings.  This was the initial issue, and if I am able to change MX settings I won't need G Suite.  

2. My second question is i've been calling <Bluehost, Shopify, Google, and Tuscow>.  Is there a direct line I can contact with Shopify to get this resolved?  I would either like to use my email in outlook, or have control over the MX directory.

Best Regards,

David Edwards

davide@ripemerchant.com (I have it set to email fwding) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

#4.PNG

I solved it.  

DNS Settings under domain in Shopify.com

Regards,

David Edwards

0 Likes