Omit HTML in Product Description from Facebook Shop

Fullrunway
3 0 2

I am curious to know if there is a way to omit specific text/code from the product description section from being imported into my FB Shop? I have sizing charts that are HTML in my descriptions section of my products and when they are imported into my FB Shop it is all messed up. There is no way to understand the sizing. So I have added images of the charts into the product images (just for FB) but would like to leave out the HTML in the description altogether. Is this possible?

OR is there a way to edit a product description for all its variants at once? I find it ridiculous that FB adds a individual product for each variant. Makes editing a single product and all its variants at once impossible.

Thanks

petarm
1 0 0

I would very much like to know this as well! It would be great if we can add a tag or have an area in the product screen to define the description specifically for the Facebook Shop.

Ideally, the description box for Facebook will allow only the HTML tags that Facebook allows in the rich_text_description field of the feed.

Specifically, only the following tags are allowed: b, br, dd, div, dl, dt, em, fieldset, form, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, header, i, li, ol, p, span, strong, sub, sup, table, td, th, tr, ul.

0 Likes