Once a gift card is issued, how many times it can be used by a customer?

Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 1

Once a gift card is issued, how many times it can be used by a customer?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 31 53

Hey, @happyspaces!

Ash here from the Shopify team.

This is a great question! When making a purchase in your store, a customer can redeem the value of a Gift Card by entering its unique code at checkout. A gift card holds a balance, which can be spent over more than one order. Once the balance reaches $0, then the Gift Card will no longer be usable. Here is a document in our Help Center which goes over the process of redeeming Gift Cards on Shopify. There's also some more great information in our Gift Card FAQ here

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reply to this post if you have any further question regarding the use of Gift Cards on Shopify. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
36 1 6

Gift cards can be used an indefinite number of times. It's based upon the value of the card so as long as there's value on the card, it can still be used. 

ecomloop
We help uncommon businesses succeed in the digital economy
Have an interesting project? Send a message or visit ecomloop.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
101 2 9

Hi @happyspaces, I'm Neomi from Rise.ai app,

as ash mentioned, you can redeem your gift card until the balance reaches to 0$, 

one problem with this is that your customer doesn't really know what is his balance after every purchase.

Here at Rise, we specialize in gift cards and loyalty program and one of our unique developments is a "check your Gift Card balance" page.

You can read more about it in this help center article.

check out our listing page and feel free to contact us at info@rise.ai

0 Likes