One collection in Collection link at homepage linls to #

Highlighted
3 0 0

For some reason, the link for the collection "Mild Defects" on homepage only doesn't work. It links to homepage url/#

My shop: https://shop.beyondthemirage.com

Using Simple theme

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 42 54

Hi @deejuusan,

Dani from the Shopify team. Thanks for writing in!

Based on what you've shared, it sounds like the navigation may be linking to a placeholder (#) instead of the collection link. To edit this in the admin:

• Select Online store > Navigation
  • Select the menu where you're seeing this error, likely the Main Menu
  • Select Edit next to the menu item Mild Defects. This will show you where this menu item is linking to.
  • You'll likely see # in the link box, simply remove this from the box by clicking the X to the right of it.
  • Click back into the link box and select Collections > Mild Defects.
  • Click Add > Save.

Once you refresh your storefront you should see this menu item linking to the correct collection. To learn more about this check out our tutorial for editing menu items here.

Since the new year is still fresh in our minds, are there any goals you've set for your business to accomplish in 2020? If you haven't already, I'd recommend taking a look at our free Goal Setting course by Shark Tank's Draymond John!

Let me know if you have any further questions! I'd be happy to continue helping you.

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

thank you for the reply!

The navigation works fine. The collection set on homepage under shop intro (headlined "Browse") is the one that's not working. Only Mild Defects isn't working there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 42 54

Ah, thanks @deejuusan! Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

I see what you mean! Would you be willing to try a few troubleshooting steps with me? First, can you please go to your Theme Editor (**Online store > Themes > Customize**) and select the section **Browse** and open the **Mild Defects** collection. Here, can you please select the option to remove the collection, click save, and then re-add the collection?

If your Mild Defects collection still isn't being pulled up properly, can you try adding a test product to see if that could be causing the issue? I noticed that this is the only collection that doesn't have any products in it so this may be the reason why we are seeing this error. 

Thanks for your patience! Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this with you.

Dani

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I tried to remove the collection and re-add it. didn't work.

I tried to add a product and the link worked.

My beta tester informed me that the collection has always been empty but still the link still worked. somehow suddenly it stopped. the url just started to add # instead of the collection link.

thank you for the help!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 42 54

Hi @deejuusan,

Thanks for following up! I'm happy to hear the collection is working for you now. Let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

0 Likes