Order notification emails not coming through: Office365

Solved
lamalama
Excursionist
14 3 8

Hi all,

I'm about to open my store, just realize I'm not getting notifications from sales on my Office 365 account. 

I added mailer@shopify.com, smtp.shopify.com, smtp1.shopify.com, smtp2.shopify.com, smtp3.shopify.com, smtp4.shopify.coms as my allowed ans safe senders. Still nothing! I'm getting TEST notifications though. 

:( Please help

0 Likes
lamalama
Excursionist
14 3 8

This is an accepted solution.

Hi! Got it resolved myself! And it works beautifully! 

Follow steps bellow:

Exchange admin center -> mail flow - >rules -> create one and add everything as shownExchange admin center -> mail flow - >rules -> create one and add everything as showncheck Stop processing more rulescheck Stop processing more rules

Save and you all good! Good luck!

lamalama
Excursionist
14 3 8

This is an accepted solution.

In addition, before this whole thing you need to edit your DNS records:

Go to your hosting provider, find DNS management and add this as a TXT:

v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all

Снимок.JPG

CDes
1 0 0

Thanks, why this isn't in the standard help files is a mystery, thanks for posting

0 Likes
MrLoot
Tourist
6 0 3

This helped me A LOT! I don't know why in Shopify's set up page it doesn't mention you have ADD the spf to the existing one instead of telling us to REPLACE it!!!!

0 Likes
MrLoot
Tourist
6 0 3

does this work when you are not getting the order notifications from shopify? (when they use your own email address, pretending it is coming from you to your own email account)?

0 Likes
Blueprint
Excursionist
12 0 1

Do not just whitelist for your own email

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/office-365-security/set-up-spf-in-office-365...

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/intro-to-shopify/initial-setup/setup-your-email

Steps:

1. Log in to your domain hosting account.

2. Find your domain's TXT record. This usually appears beside the CNAME record and MX record.

3. Add the following SPF record to your TXT record: v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all

4. Save your changes.

If you have difficulty with any of these steps, you can always reach out to your domain provider so they can add the SPF Records for you!

I'll close this thread after this post, as some of the posts here are a little off-topic and some information is being lost amongst the various posts. If there are still domain issues, it is best to start a new thread with a specific question. I'll sum things up below!

This is basically what SPF Records are, to give some more context:

Blueprint_0-1613099565092.jpeg

If you bought your domain from a third-party, follow the 4 steps at the start of this post.

If you bought your domain from Shopify, follow these steps: 

1. From the admin, go to Online Store > Domains

2. Click on 'Manage' beside your primary domain

3. Next click on 'DNS Settings' at the top of the page

4. Here you can add the record! Click on 'add custom record' and select TXT Record

5. Add @ in the Name, and v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all in the record

6. Save changes!

I have made a video here on how to do this - https://screenshot.click/31-20-odqu6-tj2qg.mp4

If you are using an email hosting service like MS 365 to forward your emails, its important to also add Google's SPF too. You can use this Google toolbox to check that everything is set up ok. As this would mean G Suite is managing the email now, not Shopify, I would recommend adjusting your existing SPF record to include Google will help with this issue. You can adjust the SPF to: 

v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all

v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all

I'd also recommend reaching out to Google directly, as they will be able to confirm this for you! Their support documents do say you should combine their SPF with another server rather than creating two SPF records.

Blueprint_1-1613099565134.jpeg

Feel free to reach out to our live chat service here with any questions.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/intro-to-shopify/initial-setup/setup-your-email

0 Likes