PINTEREST - RICH PIN integration to shopify

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 2 8

Hi,

I am tried to integrate rich pins for pinterest from shopify. I was using the validator and it said "Congratulations! Your rich pins are approved and on Pinterest."

Do I have to do anything else? Because I still dont see any rich pins on pinterest.

I also saw confusing tutorial for Rich Pins and Shopify. In one it was saying I have to add Meta Data to my page.liquid in another one it was saying that this is not necessary because shopify already has is automatically included, so no need to add metadata.

What is right? I try to fix this since a few days but I dont know what else I can do.

Im greatful for any help!

Christin

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 4

Having the same problem.. anyone know where to find a definitive step by step guide for rich pins and shopify??

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 2 8

No one can help??

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 2 8

No shopify support possible?

@Christin wrote:

No one can help??

@Christin wrote:

No one can help??

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 4

Ive been in contact with Pinterest and they have told me that there is a bug in their system that is affecting some stores being able to use Rich Pins. They have given no time frame on why this is the case or how long it will take to be resolved. Really poor from them.

Anyway thought id pass on this info as it seems no one else is contributing to this thread. Good luck.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
42 0 11

I too am struggling to get this setup, so far I have connected my shopify store with Pinterest and for weeks now I have seen this message on the shopify admin page "Pinterest is reviewing your products. It can take up to 24 hours to hear back. View the Product Pins guidelines to make sure your products are eligible to be sold on Pinterest." 

No progress in 2 weeks. I reach out to Pinterest and they are clueless and tell me I should pin each of my 3200 products manually. I reach out to Shopify and they are grasping at straws...no one seems to know how this really works or how you set it up. 

When I validate a shopify product using https://developers.pinterest.com/tools/url-debugger/ 

I get " Congratulations! Your rich pins are approved and on Pinterest."

I am sure someone has figured this out, would really like to get this working. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 2 8

Hi dlevens

I gave up integrating rich pins at this time, after no proper answer came. I ask a few other questions in this chat here and shopify answered, but it seems they feel unpleasent answering this questions. Rich pins are still on my to do list. I will try next days and let you know if something has worked. I am also in a pinterest group on facebook. More helpfull than pinterest support itself sometimes. But its a german group. ;)

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
42 0 11

I finally found the root of the issue. It appears Pinterest stopped supporting the Shopify integration for synching products. They no longer support this feature and do not plan to it seems. No idea why Shopify continues to keep this integration as they have to know by now the feature no longer works. I am still looking into alternatives to sync our products to Pinterest as rich product pins, but so far have not found the solution. 

Here is the response I got from Pinterest Business Support:

Thanks for reaching out to us!
We no longer support our old integration with Shopify. Hence, you need not wait for the review process. The products will not automatically be synced from your Shopify feed to Pinterest.
As a solution, I request you to manually save each product from its product pages to any public board on your account. These Pins should appear as Product Rich Pins on Pinterest.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if I can help with anything else.
Regards,
Pristine

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 2 8

Thanks a lot for that information!:)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've just started using the shopify pinterest app which replaced the pinterest sales channel. So far it has NOT fixed my rich pins issue (Same as you've described) but it has automatically imported my catalog to pinterest. I too have been unsuccessful so at getting any useful answers from shopify or pinterest to resolve the problem of price and availability not showing up in rich pins, even though the validator says that everything is working fine.

Good luck!

0 Likes