PLEASE HELP!! Cart Attributes Not Showing Up (Where is the Additional Details Box in Orders?)

jamieqegifts
1 0 0

Looking for some assistance with an cart attribute issue we are experiencing. Due to the nature of our business, we have set up some cart attributes to collect additional information we need from our customers to make to create order (such as date of delivery, event address, etc). We currently use debut theme and we don't have Shopify plus.

The custom cart fields we created were generated here: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/get-more-information-with-cart-attributes and we followed the instructions and added the generated code to our cart-template.liquid code to show up on our checkout page. The custom text and fields show up perfectly on our checkout page. However, our issue is that the text that is entered into these custom data collection fields on our cart page aren't showing up in the individual order detail (the "Additional Detail" box on the right side under the "Notes" box where the charge information populates).

When the customer inputs the information, it is just is not showing up anywhere.  Could you please assist us with how we can have this information populated within the customer order details (preferably the "additional details" box in the the order).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!!

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10035 119 1871

A link to the shop would help but the most common issue I see is that people don’t quite add the code into the right place. It must be within the cart <form> Not just in the page somewhere.

If you can’t share the link for whatever reason you might need to share a little bit of code of where you added it - including some of the surrounding code.

The second common issue I’d see is forgetting that a theme might have an AJAX cart, so a user might never actually see the cart page.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Sudipta
Shopify Expert
277 13 55

Dear  Jamieqegifts , 

I hope you are doing great!

I have gone through your issues,  you can check this app

I hope it will solve your problem.

Regards
Sudipta

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

0 Likes