PLEASE HELP! Confirmation email in wrong language

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi,

My Main language on the site is Icelandic but I have everything translated for English also. But all my confirmation emails are in English ( I have translated everything to English in the translation section).

Check out and systems says that I have no preset. (see picture) Any fixes??

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 14.32.47.png

Shopify Website Link liectroux-iceland.myshopify.com

Theme: Debut

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
841 127 141

Hi There!

From Shopify's documentation on this can you please check where you fit in the following? :

Changing the language of your email templates

The language that your email templates appear in depends on your theme's language and any edits that you've made to the templates.

• If you've made no changes to your email templates, then when you change your theme's language, the email template language also changes.
  • If you've made changes to both the body and title of your email templates, then changing your theme's language doesn't change the language of the email templates.
  • If you've made changes only to the title of your email templates, then changing your theme's language doesn't change the language of the email templates.
  • If you've made changes only to the body of your email templates, then changing your theme's language changes the title to the new language but doesn't change the language of the body of your email templates.

Let Me Know!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkconsultancy.com
K&J
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I fit in the following: "If you've made no changes to your email templates, then when you change your theme's language, the email template language also changes." Since I have not changed any Email templates.
So If I change the main language to English and then again to Icelandic it should work and I shouldn't lose any translation that I have done (Shopify System Translation EN > IS)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
841 127 141

You have to go to:

1. "Online Store"
  2. "Edit"
  3. "Edit Languages"
  4. Choose Icelandic & go to the tab that "Checkout & System" in it & fill those translations for Icelandic. 

That way you won't have to switch languages as your preset would be filled.

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkconsultancy.com
K&J
0 Likes