POS Hardware

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Do i have to use the Shopify POS Hardware and Card reader or can I add one from a third party platform that I have already? I use AIRPOS Platform and SUMUP Card reader as I can not use PayPal Here where i live. Any assistance would be great. Thank you in advance for your help...

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
703 65 138

Hey there, @digibizgirl 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a great question. AirPOS and Shopify would not be compatible but would work independently of each other. You could run your online store with Shopify and your physical store with AirPOS. The issue here is that the reporting and inventory will not sync up. You may be able to find an Expert who can create an integration for you. 

The Shopify POS app is free to download and can be used on an iPad, tablet or smartphone. You can read up more on the Shopify POS system here.  Where is it that you are located? Do you have a brick and mortar store or do you sell in-person infrequently - say in markets? 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Bo, 

Thanks for your reply, it was just something i was wondering about as I have the software for AirPos. Its not really an issue otherwise I can work around that. I dont have a brick's and mortar business and the markets are something I was thinking of doing down the road but that may or may not happen. I have launched my website yesterday to try and get it moving for the xmas shopping season so fingers crossed. 

Regards 

Breda 

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
703 65 138

Ah, wonderful! I would recommend posting a link to your store into our feedback community to get some feedback from Gurus, merchants, experts, and partners. It is always good to do a pulse check when starting a new store to make sure you have not missed anything. You can find this board right here. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes