How can I improve my mobile page speed score?

Hkn1979
Visitor
2 0 0

When I test the speed of my store, the score remains between 20 and 28 for mobile devices.

I reduced the sizes of the images, and I compressed them all yet unable to increase the page speed despite having a fairly light and simple page.

https://chevaliere-royale.com/

Does anyone guide me how to fix this speed problem?

Reply 1 (1)

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @Hkn1979 

You're definitely heading in the right direction by reducing your image sizes and compressing them. That's great!

I ran your homepage through the Shopify Analyzer (free analysis tool our team built for the Shopify community) to see if there were any further optimization opportunities you could target. Here's your full report if you're interested: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fyrdvb0ghu 

It looks like you still have an oversized image + a few hidden images that could potentially be removed. The oversized image looks to be related to the Art De Chevalière banner. It's currently displaying at 1700px on mobile. We recommend keeping all mobile images to no larger than 960px.

It also looks like you could benefit from lazy loading some of the product images on your homepage. This helps performance by delaying the loading of images until they come into a user's view. Here's a blog post we have on the topic: How to Lazy Load Images on Shopify to Make Your Site Faster.

Those look to be the main issues on your homepage, but I recommend checking out our optimization guide to see if there are any other opportunities you could target: How to Optimize a Shopify Site: Complete Guide to Faster Load Speed

Best of luck!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)