Solved

How can I improve my page speed insights on Shopify?

Inspiration
Excursionist
19 1 19

Ok all so I have been all over the forums, all over google and also on chat to the CSOs at shopify. I see that shopify never answers on the forums regarding this. I am under the impression that a few of these issues are on shopify's behalf and there's nothing I can do about them. I have put a screenshot of my pagespeed insights analyis and my store URL is inspirationonlineshopping.com 

I would appreciate any and all advise on this as my speed has become a major issue.Remove unused CSSRemove unused CSSEnable text compressionEnable text compressionMinimize main thread workMinimize main thread workEnsure text remains visible during webfront loadEnsure text remains visible during webfront load

Accepted Solution (1)

Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1547 44 346

This is an accepted solution.

Shopify does inject some code into your theme used for tracking.

Those injected assets will be flagged by Lighthouse or other perf services.

However looking through your images, all the issues are caused by the theme code and probably installed APPs.

So most of them can be fixed and not directly caused by Shopify.

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1547 44 346

This is an accepted solution.

Shopify does inject some code into your theme used for tracking.

Those injected assets will be flagged by Lighthouse or other perf services.

However looking through your images, all the issues are caused by the theme code and probably installed APPs.

So most of them can be fixed and not directly caused by Shopify.

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
Inspiration
Excursionist
19 1 19

Thanks for the reply. A lot of my issues were being caused by an app I use and have been talking to the devs of this app (which is just as difficult as talking to shopify about this issue). Thank you again for your reply.

GoodFy_Brasil
Explorer
65 1 3

Hey @Inspiration  I am facing the same ...

could you please share how did you discover which app was the main GUILTY to your high load pages time ?

Thanks in advance, William 

beautylet.com.br 

William Alencar
GoodFy Brasil
Inspiration
Excursionist
19 1 19

@GoodFy_Brasil wrote:

Hey @Inspiration  I am facing the same ...

could you please share how did you discover which app was the main GUILTY to your high load pages time ?

Thanks in advance, William 

beautylet.com.br 

Hey William,

It wasn't a simple fix because lighthouse (the people google uses) don't offer very reliable information. First, I looked at the urls the issues were coming from. Them I went through my apps and what companies they where with. Sure enough, there were a couple that matched. The Gstatic was coming from an app that used a captua. I have asked the same app to use GZIP as well as revise other assets. I guess it's not an easy fix

eemanali
7 0 0

Hello Friend

I am professional shopify expert.I am fully able to increas yoru shpify page speed.

Contact me at: https://www.fiverr.com/saifullahsaeed4/speed-up-and-optimize-wordpress-or-shopify-store-in-24-hours

Baminc
Tourist
3 0 0

I just installed a new theme on my store and when i ran google page speed it took like 8 seconds to load, anyone have any advice for me. Here my website www.metroshopolis.com 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

@Baminc if you compare you site to the developers demo site for that theme there is very little difference this indicates bad theme engineering.

Remove as many apps as possible and turn off ever excessive theme feature.

After that you would need to heavily customize your theme to try and overcome such a low baseline score.

Always research themes before commiting, so if you just got it your luckiker than most and haven't sunk a lot of time into a bad theme keep searching for a better one that fits what your looking for to use as a foundation.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Baminc
Tourist
3 0 0
I actually just bought it three days ago, i deleted alot of apps and
disabled some theme features, its running better but still not great on
mobile,
Www.metroshopolis.com

Baminc
Tourist
3 0 0

Any advice on how to make my website faster, im having a problem with largest contentful paint and server response time,  I inspected my page and found that my top web cover image is the LCP, and thought on how to fix it?  here my website,  Metroshopolis.com

Moritz-PV
Shopify Partner
10 0 4

The image is very large, over 2000px wide, and that is even loaded on mobile devices in full size. You could implement it as a responsive image with different sources for different screen sizes. See here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/HTML/Multimedia_and_embedding/Responsive_images
Shopify offers the image_url Liquid filter to get urls for your them asset images scaled to a different size, so you can use that to build your srcset for the responsive image in various sizes.
See https://shopify.dev/api/liquid/filters/image_url