Pause & Build

camille5
2 0 0

Hi,

I am currently trying to set up my store and it is not quite ready yet,

I am trying to select the "Pause & Build" option but it is not available, the only options available are Close or Sell,

camille5_0-1607814328985.png

I read on a different blog that these options are only activated after 60days???

I am just wondering why this option would only be available after 60 days when the people using this feature are new and have not yet set up their online store??

Please let me know how to fix this,

Thanks,

Peter

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
864 57 98

Hi, Peter!

Sophia here from Shopify.

You're correct that the Pause and Build plan is available once your store is at least 60 days passed the trial period. Stores were able to select the Pause and Build plan immediately following the trial period for a limited time as part of the COVID-19 relief measures, though that option is no longer available.

If your store isn't ready to publish just yet, that's totally okay. You can keep the store password protected to restrict customer access while it's under construction. To continue working on the store after the trial, you'll just need to select one of the standard plans. After the 60 day period has passed, the Pause and Build plan is a great option for seasonal stores, or any stores that aren't selling year-round, as it allows you to disable the checkout while keeping the store online and maintaining admin access.

Is there anything in particular that you're working on right now and need help with? I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about getting the store ready to launch. In the meantime, Shopify Compass is a great resource for free courses and webinars to help you build and grow the business. The Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist is great to have on hand too.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes