Pause and Build Plan

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I have a new Shopify store on Pause and Build plan and have all products set to Inactive/Draft - does that mean they're safely hidden from search engines?

I have the exact same product descriptions, images, etc visible on my current store on another platform and am worried they could look like copies and affect the quality of my listings?

I won't be ready to migrate completely to Shopify until January as I'm still learning how to use it and want to get it set up 100% right before making the switch.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
684 51 152

Hey, @heyjude2892!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

I'm so glad to hear that you're taking advantage of the Pause & Build plan. This is a great way to save on your subscription costs while still working on setting up your online store.

Since you haven't yet launched, do you still have your storefront password enabled? You can find out by heading to Online store > Preferences > Password protection. If your password is still enabled, then you're all good! In this case, only the password page of your store is found by search engines. Other pages, like product pages, are hidden, and search engines won't display these pages in search results. 

For future reference, however, any product with a Draft product status will also be hidden from search engines. This is because products in draft status are not available on your website, and instead can only be accessed within your Shopify admin. 

Once you're ready to have your store appear in search results, you can submit your sitemap to Google. Doing so will help Google find and index valuable pages on your site and display them in relevant search results. Just keep in mind that you will need to disable your storefront password before you can submit your sitemap. 

Before you launch your store, I highly recommend reviewing our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist. This will help you ensure you've completed every step necessary before you start selling. It's also a good idea to place a test order; not only will this allow you to see what the checkout process is like from a customer's perspective, but it's also a great way to familiarize yourself with the order and fulfillment process as the business owner.

How's the setup process going? Do you mind me asking where you are migrating to Shopify from? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes