PayPal and shopify

Amarnii
1 0 0

how do i claim my payments made via paypal?

to keeps showing pending and when i log into my paypal account the money isnt there.

what am i doing wrrong?

how can i make this as simple as possible 

0 Likes
pvoulg
Shopify Partner
152 25 42

Hi @Amarnii

Are you sure that you're capturing your payments and not just authorizing them? You can go to Settings > Payments and check your selected option: 

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 00.29.12.png

If your option is set to Manually capture payment for orders then your payments aren't being captured, just authorized (which means that you need to manually capture them). If you have no reason to add that extra step and can automatically accept payments, then you can switch your setting to Automatically capture payment for orders.

Panos Voulgaris
Creative director / Partner @ MALVI
Founder @ function( )
0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
384 47 68

Hey there, @Amarnii!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting! Shopify only has access to payout information for transactions made through Shopify Payments. For any issues with payments processed through PayPal or any third-party payment gateway, you'll need to speak with the gateway's support team. You can find PayPal's contact page here.

PayPal is one of Shopify's default payment providers. When merchants initially sign-up, Shopify creates a PayPal Express Checkout account for the email address you used to set up your store. Before beginning to accept payments, it's important to finish setting up your PayPal account in order to receive your funds. Have you already done this? If you didn't finish setting up your PayPal account, there won't be anywhere for the funds to be sent to. If you set up your PayPal account after you received any payments, be sure to advise the PayPal representative of this and provide them with the initial email address you used to set up your store for orders prior to setting up.

I'd be happy to elaborate on what information to prepare and provide your payment gateway support representative, to make it easier to locate the funds. You can find the payment events and details on each order by going viewing the order's Timeline at the bottom of the open order. Find and click the line event in which the payment had taken place:

20-09-6nbkz-smkym

To reveal more details, click Information from the gateway:

20-09-1yzya-5zx68

I'm unsure which details of these would be the most helpful for the payment gateway representative to locate your funds; however, all the information that you would need is accessible here. 
I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes