Solved

Paypal Express Checkout and Debit or Credit card

King-Kang
Trailblazer
148 8 76

Hi,

I am currently setting up my checkout page, and I need to remove the Paypal Express Checkout button from the Information checkout tab, and add the Debit or Credit Card payment option in the Payment checkout tab.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (3)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @King-Kang!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! If you want to remove the PayPal Express Checkout from your Shopify storefront then you would first want to disable that payment gateway from within your Shopify Admin. Following the below instructions would disable the payment gateway so your customers could no longer put through orders with PayPal.

To disable PayPal:

• Head into your Shopify Admin
  • Settings> Payments
  • Click on 'Deactivate PayPal Express' 

To add a different payment gateway to your checkout, you would want to find a payment gateway that is available to you. You can check out this list which will show you which payment gateways are available to you by the location you're selling from. Next, you would want to enable that gateway from within your Shopify Admin. You can add the payment gateway of your choice by simply going into your Shopify Admin> Settings> Payments section and enabling the gateway from there.

I would recommend reading through our help guide, here, which goes over how to choose a payment gateway that will suit your business. If you're wanting to use a third party payment gateway to accept credit cards then I would suggest walking through our step by step guide, here, for some assistance. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @King-Kang 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I have actually written a guide on just this. You can find it here. If you have any further questions please do leave a comment on that post. 

Thank you,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

King-Kang
Trailblazer
148 8 76

Problem solved with Paypal.

Thank you anyway.

Replies 16 (16)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello, @King-Kang!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! If you want to remove the PayPal Express Checkout from your Shopify storefront then you would first want to disable that payment gateway from within your Shopify Admin. Following the below instructions would disable the payment gateway so your customers could no longer put through orders with PayPal.

To disable PayPal:

• Head into your Shopify Admin
  • Settings> Payments
  • Click on 'Deactivate PayPal Express' 

To add a different payment gateway to your checkout, you would want to find a payment gateway that is available to you. You can check out this list which will show you which payment gateways are available to you by the location you're selling from. Next, you would want to enable that gateway from within your Shopify Admin. You can add the payment gateway of your choice by simply going into your Shopify Admin> Settings> Payments section and enabling the gateway from there.

I would recommend reading through our help guide, here, which goes over how to choose a payment gateway that will suit your business. If you're wanting to use a third party payment gateway to accept credit cards then I would suggest walking through our step by step guide, here, for some assistance. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

King-Kang
Trailblazer
148 8 76

Hi, @Karlie 

First of all, thank you for your time!

I only want to remove the PayPal button from the checkout Information tab.
I want to keep the PayPal payment method available in my website, but in the right place - checkout Payment tab.

I also want to add the Debit or Credit Card payment option in the checkout Payment tab.

Thank you

King-Kang_0-1596127942900.png

Ps: this image maybe do not show what exactly will be shown in the checkout payment page.

King-Kang
Trailblazer
148 8 76

Can somebody help me with this query?

Thank you

King-Kang
Trailblazer
148 8 76

Need some help here.

@diego_ezfy @Jason @Bo 

Can you help me with this topic?

Thank you

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

@King-Kang  hey,

Can you send me the URL to your website please?

Perhaps not the most elegant solution but you could do this with querySelector('.selector').remove() to remove the unwanted one. 

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

King-Kang
Trailblazer
148 8 76

Thank you for the reply @diego_ezfy  🙂

Check your inbox

Thank you

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

Try this:

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Sections->cart-template.liquid OR template->cart.liquid -> find the code below and remove it:

{% if additional_checkout_buttons %}

Let me know whether it works

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

3mmar80
Visitor
1 0 1

This solution does not work with me 

Any other alternative solution 

Please advise

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @King-Kang 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I have actually written a guide on just this. You can find it here. If you have any further questions please do leave a comment on that post. 

Thank you,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

King-Kang
Trailblazer
148 8 76

Hi @Bo ,

In a quick reading it really looks like what im looking for!

Thank you!

SamTelCartel
Visitor
1 0 0

Still waiting ..March 2021..seriously this should not be hard for all the little minions there..no problem with Woo/Big Cartel..maybe that's why so many others are leaving..get something..anything..done there..ridiculous

gredondo
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

The link does not work anymore.

King-Kang
Trailblazer
148 8 76

Hi, @Bo 

I need some help with the Debit or Credit card payment option without a PayPal account.

I already checked the Debit or Credit card payment option without a PayPal account check box in PayPal website preferences, but it still doesn't show it in my checkout Payment tab.

Can you help me?

Thank you

King-Kang
Trailblazer
148 8 76

Problem solved with Paypal.

Thank you anyway.

MubashirShoaib
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey, can you tell me the solution. How did you solve the issue. Although I have enabled paypal Debit or Credit card payment option without a PayPal account check box in PayPal website preferences, but it still doesn't show it in my checkout Payment tab.
Same query, please help.

BoltCyberSol
Visitor
2 0 0

@MubashirShoaib This has been a very complicated issue for many of our clients.  The resolution requires a code change.  We can help you if you like. Please shoot us an email at hello@boltcybersolutions.com