Paypal button not working on anyones stores? Even huge brands like gymshark

WithLuke
Excursionist
28 0 7

Noticed today on my store that clicking "buy with paypal" on checkout page, it just doesn't load, looks like the popup is blocked or something.

I then tested on 10 different competetiors, multiple browsers and devices and it doesn't work.

Even on gymshark it doesn't work, is there a bug at the moment?

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
52 14 11

Hi @WithLuke,

Thank you for your message.

The PayPal issue you are referencing was due to a technical error that affected some merchants stores. If you clear your browser history as well as your cookies and cache, and then refresh your page, you should no longer see this issue on your storefront. 

If you are still noticing the issue, please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. Once you are authenticated you can speak to a member of our support team over phone, live chat or email.

For future reference, feel free to bookmark and keep track of our status page for any potential outages on the platform.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes