Phone Number as compulsory in Customer Registration

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello. I'm new here and i need help as i don't really know liquid codes. Currently, i'm using Empire's theme for our store. We want to add a phone number fields in customer create account and it is compulsory. I asked Empire's theme support and they can't help me with that. We just started this store and really don't have budget to hire shopify expert. Can anyone help me solved this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1012 209 254

Hi,
1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Templates->customers/register.liquid->paste bellow code after password field or where you want it

<label for="register_phone_number" class="form-field-title" >Phone Number</label><br />
          <input
            type="text"
            class="form-field-input form-field-text"
            id="register_phone_number"
            name="customer[note][phonenumber]"
            value=""
          />

And if you need validation in it you can try html attribute required or custom JS

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks for your reply, I already try it and it save the phone number in customer notes.

Annotation 2020-02-14 083319.png

It should appeared in here.

Annotation 2020-02-14 083319=.png

It also didn't appeared in my account page.

Annotation 2020-02-14 0833191.png

This is the code from Flits Account Page Snippet..

<div class="flits-row flits-m-t-15">
  <div class="flits-col-md-6">
     <label>{{ 'flits.profile_page.contact_no' | t }}:</label>
     <label class="flits-hide-profile-edit">{{ customer.phone }}</label>
     <input type="text" name="phone" class="flits-hidden flits-hide-profile-cancel"  value="{{ customer.phone }}">
  </div>
</div>

Please help me .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Anyone seeing this? Please help me solve this problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, have the same problem here.

Seems quite awkward to store a phone number as a note since there is a customer field for this information. Beside this, if you store the phone number as a note Shopify will not send sms notifications to the customer.

Has anyone a solution to this? Should be quite straightforward to do, but all I tried didn't functioned.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 2 3

Login to your shopify accounts. Bottom left is the shopify settings icon (the gear) click on that. Select checkout link to modify your checkout settings. 

This is where you set you account requirement settings. Scroll down to form options. Select shipping address phone number as required. It will require a phone number to checkout whether or not you require an account to checkout/buy from you. 

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello guys i was also  struck into the same problem Customer additional field are saving in admin as a note not as a attribute then i saw a app called Customer Field i am always against using app but i still watch its video he explain that shopify doesn't allow us to collect additional data other than a name and email  You can check the video here .

https://youtu.be/Dc7hYBFGjmg

Note:I am not promoting app but a solution he explain in a video

0 Likes