Solved

Photos won't upload in shopify app

eotteson
Tourist
8 1 8

I just switched over to Shopify from Wix. I've got to add new product to my site however everytime I try and add photos it just says waiting to upload and does nothing. I need to be able upload from my phone. How do I fix it

Accepted Solution (1)
eotteson
Tourist
8 1 8

This is an accepted solution.

I was able to close out the app and start it again and it fixed it.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

michellebirch
Excursionist
11 0 21

Hiya, 

Hope you’re having a nice day. Have you tried setting the product as active and seeing if the images show when you view the product page?

I have noticed the same thing when loading images into the App and the little circle is spinning but once it’s active the images are there on the page. 

Other things to check -

1. Make sure the app has permissions to access photos and the camera 
  2. And that the image size falls within the Shopify recommended size which is 4472x4472 px square. You wouldn’t need it this big though, and recommend any size between 1300x1300 to 2048x2048px. 

If the images are too big you can resize them before uploading using something like the Adobe Photoshop Express app, free to use. If the image is too big it won’t load. 

Hopefully this helps, let me know if not and we’ll see what else can be done. 

Michelle

eotteson
Tourist
8 1 8

This is an accepted solution.

I was able to close out the app and start it again and it fixed it.

artsylar
Excursionist
11 0 1

Sometimes this work, sometimes it doesn't 😞 

davidghe6468
Visitor
1 0 0

hi

I can't upload any photo in my shopify store

please help m

MilliMilliMilli
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi there - did anyone get a solution to this? I am able to upload images to the media library, but then I cannot add them to a module. I do not get any error message the image just does not change or add to the image holder in the module. I have not received any solution from Shopify.

mikebot
Visitor
1 0 0

Did anybody get a solution to this problem or is it just touch-and-go? I've been trying to add product images to my shop now going 4 hours.