Picture not showing on FB Posts

6 0 0

When I try to add my website to a FB post, it shows no image. Like I literally get a blank box with a 'No Image' message. Why is FB not pulling an image for my site and how do I fix this?

Thank you!

0 Likes

Hello ,
Please share your site url.
So that i can check and provide you exact solution here.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 40 94

Hey, @Elizabeth_Yelen !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you!

As @oscprofessional mentions, sharing your store URL would be incredibly helpful, as it would allow Community members to dig into this with you. 

If you prefer not to do so just yet, or to further analyze the cause yourself, there is a helpful debug tool that Facebook provides here

You can pop your URL in this bar for the tool to then scrape. This can offer you additional information on the images that you have used, and why they may not be appearing. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
6 0 0

Whisperingtree.net is the url. Same problem persists the debugger, I just don't know where to put in the missing picture or how to tell it where to find a pic.

Thanks!

@Katy wrote:

Hey, @Elizabeth_Yelen !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you!

As @oscprofessional mentions, sharing your store URL would be incredibly helpful, as it would allow Community members to dig into this with you. 

If you prefer not to do so just yet, or to further analyze the cause yourself, there is a helpful debug tool that Facebook provides here

You can pop your URL in this bar for the tool to then scrape. This can offer you additional information on the images that you have used, and why they may not be appearing. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
6 0 0

I've shared my url and no replies?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 40 94

Hi, @Elizabeth_Yelen !

My apologies for missing this post, and for the delay in getting back to you!

Thank you for sharing your store URL. I have taken a look, and it appears that the image is not being pulled through as there is no image set. Let me show you here.

When sharing products, collections or pages, the image that is pulled through is the featured image for that page. However, your homepage works a little differently. Instead, this pulled from your 'social sharing image' in your theme customizer. You should be able to access this in your: Admin > Online store > Theme > Customize theme > Social Media > Social Sharing image. (Though this may vary slightly, depending on your theme).

10-38-e6n9h-sli8c

You can also adjust the text that is shared here too. This is located in your: Admin > Online store > Preferences > Website SEO.  If you could navigate to these areas of your admin, you can then add your preferred image and site description. I do suggest to clear your cache after doing so. 

I hope this helps - do feel free to let me know how it goes for you. 

Cheers, 

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes