Pixel and Catalog Not Paired

Highlighted
16 0 0

Hi,

I have my first fb ads running. When I selected the purchase pixel it was green. Now the facebook ads are running I went out again and checked the pixel, now it's orange? When I check on my website on the product page with the facebook pixel helper chrome extention it said: Pixel and Catalog Not Paired?

ISSUE
The pixel for this event is not paired with a product catalog. This may cause your catalog features and dynamic ads to not work properly.

What does this mean and does it require my attention?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
545 59 88

Hey, @tiger4evaH.

I'm Helen from Shopify Support.

The warning that you are seeing in the Pixel Helper means that your pixel is not being associated with your Shopify products, and so it will not be tracking events on your store that your Facebook ads are generating. Therefore, it is something to be concerned about since you are using Facebook to market your store. Let’s get it working properly for you!

What type of Facebook ads are you currently running?

For Audience Building ads, the catalog that is automatically created when you add the Facebook Shop sales channel on your store, shows as ‘owned by Shopify’ in your Facebook Ad Manager account. Please follow Facebook’s instructions here to assign the pixel you have in your Shopify admin in  ‘Online Store > Preferences’, to that catalog. This will pair it with your catalog to track properly.

However, if you are running Dynamic ads, you need to create a new catalog that is owned by your Facebook Business Manager, and assign your pixel to that catalog. To do this, please first install the Facebook Marketing app on your store and connect it to your Facebook Business Manager account. Then use this blog post on How to Set Up Facebook Dynamic Ads as a guide to create the catalog, and pair your pixel with it.

(FYI, the Facebook Marketing app also enables you to make use of the built-in Marketing section of your Shopify admin to create both Audience Building and Dynamic ads. Campaigns for Google Smart Shopping can be created here as well.)

Hope this helps! 

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi Helen,

I'm heavily struggling with this topic.

I've connected the Pixel to Shopify. In the Catalog Tab in my business settings, there is simply no catalog to finalize the "Connect your Shopify Store to Facebook steps" setup last step, where I am supposed to connect the pixel to the catalog... So I have a catalog (owned by Shopify) but it is not connected to the pixel and I can't assign anything to it... Apparently, I'm not the Admin.. See picture. 

I have also installed the Facebook Marketing App on Shopify and it doesn't work either.

Please help me, I'm getting crazy. :(((

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 15.34.01.png

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

This is the exact same issue I am having. Any solution to this?

0 Likes