Possibility of changing checkout attributes on Payment Methods page

kirakero
Visitor
1 0 0

Dear Shopify community,

Is it possible to change the checkout attributes, on checkout.liquid, under the following conditions:

• The input field is only located on the payment methods page and the code looks something like this:
<input type="text" name="checkout[attributes][field_name]" >
  • The input field is only changed on the payment methods page
  • After changing the value of the input field and clicking the Place Order/Complete Order button, the order should be completed

What I'm currently experiencing is that when the input is utilized, and the Complete Order button is clicked, I get an error that says the 'Your order total has changed. Refresh your cart and try again'.   I'm assuming this is related to changing attributes on the checkout.  I have tried various ways to get around this, but no luck after 3 hours.  I am beginning to think this is a feature of the checkout systems that I can't get around, and I am either hoping to confirm this, or find a way to work around this problem.

To be clear, this is a checkout attribute on the very final form before the order is completed.  I do not wish to put an input anywhere else.  Additionally, whatever is in the input field is being shown on the resulting error page, so I'm think the saving part is working.  This is more about preventing checkout from showing a 'refresh' error.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies 0 (0)