Postal code is not checked for empty

3 0 0
If the delivery country Romania is set at checkout, the postal code is not checked for empty at the delivery address. For all other fields it works. When I deliver to Germany, the control works if the field is empty. Can I program this myself although the address is entered and checked in the checkout.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 22 36

Hi, @Bauschfashion.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community! I appreciate you bringing this checkout field issue to my attention.

You can customize the style of your checkout as well as decide which fields are required, but the postal code field is not included in those settings. The best workaround I can think of for the time being would be to adjust the wording of the postal code field under Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages and include the text: "(required)" to reduce the chances of customers not filling it out.

I've noticed a couple other reports from merchants about the postal code field for customers checking out with a Romanian address. Some merchants have requested that the postal code field be removed for these addresses because they don't need it, while others are requesting that it be a required field. Can you tell me a bit more about your experience with shipping to Romanian addresses? Will the packages be returned to sender without a valid postal code? I'd be happy to submit your feedback to the appropriate teams here.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0
For shipping within Romania, the postal code field is not necessarily
required. We work with dropshipping, and our suppliers in Italy need this
box. Is it possible to add the postal code field as a selection field in a
new Shopify version?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 22 36

Thank you fo the additional details, @Bauschfashion! I'll share this feedback with our teams in case we're able to accommodate this feature request going forward.

In the meantime, editing the wording in the checkout is a good start. You can change the "Postal code label" field under Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages to read "Postal code (required)" or something similar:

09-45-5q85f-pn3vv

09-53-m1ie3-ig3w8

If you find that customers are still neglecting to fill out this section, you can quickly send an email to the customer directly from the order page in the admin to ask them to confirm the postal code for their address.

Have you talked to your dropshipping supplier about postal codes not being required for Romanian addresses?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes