Prestige Theme Videos

Bromance
3 0 0

Hi,

I am looking to add a. video amongst my product photos (in the product page). I can't seem to do that with the Prestige theme and was wondering if there was any way to do this?

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
87 17 19

Hey, @Bromance!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify.

Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community! It’s great to hear you are wanting to add videos to your product pages as this is an even better way to showcase your wonderful products to your customers.

I understand you are having some trouble being able to add the video segments into your product pages through the Prestige theme. Depending on what theme version you have installed will determine which workaround you can use, I am more than happy to walk you through these options below.

Starting from February 2020, Shopify introduced a native way to directly upload videos and 3D models for products. As a result, all Maestroooo developed themes have been updated to support this new feature. The following versions fully support video and 3D models on the product page:

• Prestige: from version 4.6.0 and newer

• Warehouse: from version 1.7.0 and newer

• Focal: from version 7.5.0 and newer

• Kagami: from version 6.6.0 and newer

• Trademark: from version 3.7.0 and newer

If you do not know the version you are using for your theme, you can learn more by clicking here. Then, follow the instructions below based on your version:

For users with a compatible version - You can directly take advantage of the new Shopify feature. You can learn more about how to upload media by clicking here.

For users using an older version that does not support product media, you have a few options:

• You can upgrade to the latest version (it's completely free) as instructed here (it is not possible for us at support to add this feature only on an older version).

• If upgrading is not possible, you can reach a development service such as Enhancify, TaskHusky, or a Shopify Expert. They will be able to write the necessary code to bring support for it on your older version.

• If none of those options are possible for you, you can also simply add your video as part of your product description, as explained here.

When it comes to apps or themes that were not developed directly by Shopify, our knowledge and scope of support is limited. That being said, the third-party developers would be the best people to help you moving forward, if you wanted to reach out to them directly, I have attached their contact form below:

As you continue to customize and further develop your store, have you looked at ways you can also optimize your product page for increased sales? We have a fantastic blog post here that provides some top tips! Your brand is important everywhere, from social media images to your post-sale emails, but it’s especially important on your product pages.

Let us know how you get on with the steps above, I’m happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Bromance
3 0 0
Hi Moira!

Thank you, I would love a walk through. I have upgraded our theme to the
latest version as we only had 4.0.4. beforehand. Does this mean that I have
to now re design my website, or is there a way to transfer it over to the
new theme?

I would love a walk through of how to get a video on our product page. Do
you do video calls or how does it work?

Thank you for your help,

Carlin
0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
87 17 19

Hey, Carlin! Thanks for getting back to us.

It's great to hear you were able to upgrade to the newest version of Prestige, according to Maestrooo's documentation this means your theme will now fully support video and 3D models on the product page. You should be able to take advantage of this new Shopify feature and learn more about how to upload media by clicking here.

From your Shopify admin, head to the products section and select a product you would like to add a video to. You can then scroll down to the media section of the product page which is shown in the Help Doc linked above. From here, you should see the option to add a video, as you can see below:

21-06-rg7fg-pd0ed.

Though our scope is limited when it comes to third-party themes and certain questions are best directed to the theme developers, our team will be happy to take a look at this with you as this feature should be accessible from the products section of your Shopify admin.

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Bromance
3 0 0

Hi Moira,

Thank you for your help. Now that I have the new version of the theme am I going to have to manually transfer over all the info from my old website to the new one in order to upload videos? Is there a way to do this automantically?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
87 17 19

Hey, Carlin! Great Question!

When you manually add an updated version of a theme, a second version of the theme is added to your online store. The new version is in its default state, with none of your customizations applied. The older version is unaffected by the update, and still has all of your code customizations.

For a variety of reasons, there is no easy way to upgrade a theme in Shopify at this time. Because you can install apps, tweak the theme's code, and make all kinds of modifications, any of your customizations would be lost if Shopify auto-upgraded your themes.

As a consequence, when you download a theme from the theme store, you automatically download the latest version. You will need to customize the upgraded theme again, by re-specifying your colors, reconfiguring the home page, etc. The good news is that you can re-download a theme as many times as you want, for free.

Here is a guide from the Maestroo developer's website that goes into further detail on how to configure an updated theme.

Cheers,

0 Likes