Print Packing Slips in Color

Highlighted
2 0 0

How do I enable color printing of packing slips (so product images and company logo print in color)?  Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 22 58

Hi, @MarMask!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

This sounds like printer settings could be your issue here. I'm making the assumption you're using Order Printer or the built-in templates for your packing slip, but if it's not printing in colour, just make sure that when you print it, your printer settings are set to print in colour.

I'd recommend checking out our Order Printer guide for tips and tricks to using the app. If everything in the previews are coloured, I would absolutely be checking the printer settings on your computer or phone.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks for the suggestion - I’ll give it a try!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Miles,

I am also having this issue.

Preview of order packing slip is monochrome instead of colour on up to date iOS (iPhone X & iPad 10.2 2019).

A long press of the preview image then shows the preview in colour in a pop up, but iOS does not enable the print ability in this colour pop up preview.

Printing from MacOS is fine.

It would appear that the problem is that the Shopify iOS apps (iPhone & iPad) as they only generate the print preview in monochrome.

Don't suppose you managed to resolve this @MarMask?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 22 58

Hey, @mikea001!

Thanks for letting me know you're also experiencing this issue. I've had a chat with our app team and let them know about this issue. They've advised it may be to do with iOS, but have advised they will look into it for a future update. I've passed along this feedback on behalf of the both of you.

In the interim, I've tested the printing of packing slips and invoices using the Shopify Admin via a browser on iPhone and iPad and can confirm that the documents are able to be printed in colour, so if you use Safari or Chrome on your iPhone, try it there to make sure you're still able to print them. If all else fails, you can also try on a desktop or laptop computer.

Thanks again for letting us know!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

Is there an update on when the app will be updated to print packing slips in color? Using the app on my iPad to print packing slips is easier and efficient verse using the browser since you're able to print the packing slip before fulfilling the order and also with one click.

Please let your team know it'd be very much appreciated! Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 22 58

Hey, @AxelG!

I don't have any updates on the progress of this just yet, but I have added your feedback to the request.

I totally understand the ease of being able to print from the app directly. Using a browser on your phone is the next best option at this stage, but I've noted your comments on cutting some steps out using the app as opposed to the browser or a desktop.

I'll keep an eye on this request for everyone here and report back as soon as I hear any updates on this request.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I have this issue as well, and not that the color vs. mono is the end of the world, it looks better for the customer.

The work-around until you fix this is to open shopify in a browser on your phone, and print it from there instead of the app.  I just created a shortcut straight to orders and it's somewhat easy to go from there.

While I'm at it, why can't I print the packing slip before I click the "create shipping label" button?  I don't know about other companies, but I can't create the shipping label before I know how much it weighs, and I would much rather have a function that allowed me to print all the packing lists for all open orders instead of having to click each individual order, then click label button and then 2 open windows later I can create the document I'm picking the items from.   

Have a good day!

~me

0 Likes