Solved

Printing shipping label issue- Dymo 4xl

bill19
Tourist
9 0 7

Hey folks, If anyone can help me, I could use  some help with this:

-I'm trying to print shipping labels through Chrome. When I hit the "print label" button on the order the in the preview window the paper is portrait, but the label is horizontal. (screenshot#1) 

-When I hit print the dialog box (screenshot #2) comes up with the labe preview with half of the label cut off. 

-The setting for the print dialog box are in screenshot #3

-I did manage to get one label printed, after many steps, but could not recreate this result. 

- If I do hit print with the above settings, the printer runs through several labels with partial label printing on them.

In the past I had no issues with this, it was really simple to print these labels. I didn't do any label printing for a few months, but I do remember it being much more seamless than what I am experiencing now.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

screenshot #3screenshot #3

Accepted Solution (1)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @bill19.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

This is a great question. I appreciate you providing the steps that you took to print from your printer and browser, and your screenshots.

It looks like this is local to your browser's settings to print. Can you try using the landscape orientation mode with your printer settings? I did a Google search and here is a guide on how to set the orientation in Google Chrome: How to Quickly Change Orientations in Chrome.

Let me know if that helps. I am curious to see what the community suggests!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @bill19.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

This is a great question. I appreciate you providing the steps that you took to print from your printer and browser, and your screenshots.

It looks like this is local to your browser's settings to print. Can you try using the landscape orientation mode with your printer settings? I did a Google search and here is a guide on how to set the orientation in Google Chrome: How to Quickly Change Orientations in Chrome.

Let me know if that helps. I am curious to see what the community suggests!

bill19
Tourist
9 0 7

Hi Tira, thanks so much for responding so quickly.

I followed your instructions, and got everything working properly. Whoop! I've printed up all the labels and it's working as it should.

Thanks again!

Bill

Rachel5
Excursionist
25 0 6

Hi,

I am having the exact same issues on two different PC computers using Chrome, all of the sudden. Never had a problem before. Test labels all print fine. But when we go to print, the label is side ways and gets cut off. I have tried landscape, doesn't resolve the issue. I have tried everything! I also noticed that when I go to print, the address that pulls up in the browser looks weird to me, it has amazon in it. I even turned off my Amazon app. This is the address that comes up when I go to print... 

Please help, it's the holidays and we are busy and not being able to print our Dymo labels stinks! We are using the Dymo 4XL.

Thanks, Rachel

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hi @bill19 and @Rachel5

I just want to follow-up here to let you know that I have removed some of the content from your original posts as they contained private information. 

Thank you @Rachel5 for your question. I can understand how this would impact your business during this busy time. I'm happy to help.

To confirm, are you using the Dymo4XL to print your labels, or your web browser to print them? If you're experiencing issues with the label maker, please take a look at DYMO's website for their user manual, here: DYMO 4XL Label Printer. You can also contact their support for help with the label printer, here: Contact DYMO Support. If you're using your web browser, please try the tutorial I linked in my previous post to troubleshoot.

The URL that you are seeing is standard across shipping labels printed in the admin and isn't associated with the Amazon sales channel.

Let me know if that helps!

bill19
Tourist
9 0 7

Hi r

Rachel, this is similar the problem I was having. Unfortunately I am not in front of the computer/printer I use for this at the moment. 

From memory, I think if you try looking at the bottom of the webpage where you are printing from, you will see the formats for a full page or the 4x6 inch label. I only remember scrolling down on one of the pages that you go through to get to the printing,  then seeing these 2 options for the layout on the bottom of the page. Once I selected the 4x6 inch, all was good. I never had a problem before, then something changed and this seemed to be the culprit.

If I was at the computer/printer i could probably recreate this, but wanted to get this info to you, maybe this will help you find the same solution I did.

Good Luck, I hope this is helpful.

-Bill

scheriseg
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi I am unable to print my labels. When I try it prints blank. I've looked at the forum but cant find where it is that you're choosing the 4x6 format. I think its printing blank because the label comes up as 8x11. How do i set the fomat to 4x6? I have been unable to find where to set that preference. Please help. 

shannonrayy
Visitor
1 0 1

Did you get this issue fixed? I am having same trouble

lchaplin
Visitor
1 0 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMJXozAAE0M

Rachel, give the link above a try. I was having the SAME issue and it was driving me nuts. This video resolved in a matter of minutes!

Travon
Visitor
1 0 0

I can not buy shipping labels. Every time i try to buy a label it says a system error. Can you help me please?Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 12.33.30 PM.png

temobeekeeper
Visitor
2 0 0

add the + 4 numbers to your zip code of your shipping location. It took us a few times contacting support to figure this out. 

emoreno008
Visitor
1 0 2

Sorry but this is not a google chrome issue. I have now tried to print labels on a PC, Surface Pro Tablet and MAC, one of which doesn't have chrome on it. When I print the test label it comes out perfectly fine but when I try to print an order label, it comes out disoriented and will not print on my Dymo 4XL, the same printer you support. This is super frustrating as I have orders that need to be sent out and I can't get a simple shipping label to print correctly.

Would love to get some help on this.

Thank you.