Problem buying a new domain

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 25 114

Hi, @Jenko!

Thanks for letting me know that you're also running into this error. 

I'll send you an email shortly to help investigate this further on our end. Make sure to reply directly back to my email once you receive it so that we can work towards a resolution for this. 

Talk soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 4
This seems to be a long time problem and doesn't seem as anyone is TRYING to fix this as this thread goes back to September of 2019. Seriously this is not cool you should disable this feature if NO ONE can purchase! This alters the integrity of shopify and the way they do business doesn't look good for all who purchase services. This is very disturbing and someone needs to update on real time progress of the issue. 8 long months of no real solution or answers. I'm very unsettled with this
4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 25 114

Hi, @shadetreeco

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback on this. 

To confirm, the error that can appear when purchasing a domain usually relates to the factors mentioned previously in this thread, such as: 

• Formatting issues with a phone number. In some cases, this can be tied to the dial code for the country being incorrect, or formatted differently than expected. To check if this is the case, please edit your phone number in the'Settings > General' section of your admin, and ensure to include the correct dial code for your country. 
  • The way the billing address is formatted. Please make sure that your address includes a number, and a street name that isn't abbreviated. For example, if you're using'Road' or Street', make sure to type these words in full, and not abbreviate them to'Rd' or 'St'

When the phone number and billing address are formatted to fit the above requirements, this error usually should not appear. However, if an error does still appear while trying to purchase a domain, our Support team can certainly help look into this further and provide more assistance on the next steps. With this in mind, if you're receiving this error on your own store, please let me know and I'll be glad to help determine how to resolve this, and ensure a domain purchase can be completed on your account. 

In the meantime though, I appreciate you sharing your feedback on this, and voicing your concerns. I'm going to share your thoughts with our team regarding this error, and outline the impact this has had for you, and other businesses. If we make any changes to the workflow of purchasing domains from Shopify, we will outline these updates on our changelog, as well as our Announcements page, to keep you in the loop. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this - I'm glad to help! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also having the same issues I do not have any formatting issues with a phone number and I am confident there are no problems with billing information and I am still unable to purchase the domain even though it says it is available. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 25 114

Hi, @Lomo

Thanks for letting me know. 

I'll reach out to you via email soon to help look into this further, and discuss some next steps with purchasing a domain. 

I look forward to speaking with you about this shortly! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I have exactly the same issue and do not want to pay more for domain by getting it externally. I checked all the formatting - you guys should finally fix it, it's outrageous that I cannot make another purchase despite all details being the same as when I have bought the 1st domain. Please advise ASAP! 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 25 114

Hi, @justynak

Thank you for reaching out about the problems you're having with purchasing a domain, and sharing your concerns. 

I understand the frustration this has caused, and I can certainly help further to make sure this domain purchase is successful. I'll send you an email shortly to get this looked into further, and provide more assistance.

Please reply directly to my email once you receive it so that I can help investigate this on our end. 

Speak soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi im having the same problem , ive been trying to buy a new domain but it keep saying edit your store information . ive tried like 10 times already 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 25 114

Hi, @gerald74!

I can help look into this further. 

I'll send you an email in a few moments with some more information to help investigate the error message you're receiving. 

I look forward to discussing this with you soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can you email me too? It seems that's the only way people are solving this problem since nobody posts a good solution and support other than discussions are closed.

0 Likes