Problem buying a new domain

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi 

I purchased a domain from shopify and its been more than two weeks. i sent a couple of messages got a reply that i needed to approve the data sharing from tucows, did that, still didnt receive the domain. Basically i did everything, and its already paid in my billing history.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 166

Hi, @Nooton and @Laboot_store

@Nooton, I understand the frustration caused by this process, and I appreciate you reaching out. I'm going to follow up with you via email to authenticate your account, and help look into your specific situation further. 

@Laboot_store, thanks for letting me know about the situation you're experiencing. In the 'Online Store > Domains' section of your Shopify admin, do you see a note that says 'Action required'? If so, you may see a yellow banner that's asking you to verify your email address. If you see this, please click the 'Resend email' button on the banner, and then verify your email address via the email sent to your inbox. You may also need to check your spam/junk email folder for this message. In the meantime though, have you received any other emails from Tucows regarding this?

I look forward to speaking with you both in more detail, and working towards a resolution. Talk soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi

Received one email "customize your data sharing preferences" thats it, one month without finding the solution to this, already got the email that the domain was purchased and will be renewed next year and when i enter the domains page there's nothing!. i need someone to solve this as soon as possible or ill have to demand refund for the one month that has passed without activity and no one having the solution to solve this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

no action required,  when i press change primary domain the domain i purchased from shopify doesnt exists, and when i check my credit card statement in shopify, i see the domain charge. Not its been more than a month without finding the solution this is a disgrace.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 166

Hi, @Laboot_store

I appreciate you following up with these details. I can see the impact this is having on your business, and I understand the urgency required to reach a resolution. 

I'm going to send you an email shortly to verify your account, and help locate the domain you purchased. Please make sure to reply directly back to my email once you receive it so that I can provide further assistance with this. 

Best, 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi

I have replied to your email. Please i need this to be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 166

Hi, @Laboot_store

Thanks for following up. Let's continue our conversation via email so we can keep working towards a solution. 

Talk soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Rae, I’ve been having the same problem with buying a domain, I’ve looked through and done everything you’ve suggested to others, however I am still receiving the “Please try again edit store information” pop up. What do I do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 166

Hi, @Maame

Thanks for joining this thread and letting me know. 

I'll send you an email soon so that we can look into this situation further, and determine what's causing this error to appear. 

Cheers! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, @Rae!

I have the same problem when I buy my domain. Can you help me ? 

Cheers!

0 Likes