Problem buying a new domain

Highlighted
Tourist
1 0 2

Please help me i tried to buy a domain in shopify but i am getting the same problem even i edited my store information a couple of time already.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 28 150

Hi, @rish05!

Rae from Shopify here. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about this issue. I'd love to jump in and help lend a hand to ensure that you can purchase this domain successfully. 

Firstly, I wanted to mention that I removed the image from your original post as it contained some of your own sensitive information, and I want to help make sure that these details stay protected and aren't shared publicly. However, please feel free to repost an image of just the error message you can see in your admin - without any personal details showing - as this may help other Community members who are experiencing the same issue in the future. 

In the meantime though, looking at the formatting from your previous screenshot, it doesn't look like you have included a street number in your address. To fix this, click 'Edit Address'  on the page where the domain error is occurring, and enter in your street address here with your street number included. Once you do this, try to purchase the domain again. 

If you're still experiencing this error after adding a street number to your address, then the error that you're seeing in your admin may be caused by a browser issue, or a caching problem on your browser. With this in mind, I recommend using a Chrome browser and clearing your cache before trying to purchase the domain again. 

If this troubleshooting doesn't resolve the error in your admin, please let me know and I would be glad to discuss this with you further via email. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you so that we can work towards a resolution! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey, 

i having the same issue. Keep getting the : 

Please try again.

I have cleared my cache and history. Removed all possible spaces and also have a MasterCard that has a ton of credit so i Don't see that as an issue.

Please help!!This is so frustrating. It breaks the flow of achieving goals. Sorry!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

What was your fix? I am stuck too- anything you did different?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 28 150

Hi, @nappingpaws!

Thank you for letting me know that you're also experiencing the same issue. 

Does the error just say 'Please try again', or does it provide more details? Feel free to share a screenshot of just this error message - ensuring your sensitive information isn't included - and I can certainly take a closer look. 

In the meantime though, it's also a good idea to check to make sure your phone number is correctly formatted under 'Settings > General' , including the proper dial/area code.

Another common error has to do with the way street names are formatted. For example, if your address contains 'Road', 'Avenue', or 'Boulevard' , make sure to spell these words out in full, rather than using abbreviated versions like 'Rd', 'Ave', or 'Blvd'

If this doesn't help resolve the issue, please let me know and I'll be glad to reach out to you via email to help troubleshoot this further. 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi Rae,

Thanks, I solved my issue through an alternate method.

I would suggest fixing that issue as it -looks like a popular issue.seems
Maybe, issue in the flow logic. I have never spent so much time trying to
fix a small form, definitely an issue in that page.

Thanks for your response- appreciate it!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 28 150

Hi, @nappingpaws!

Thanks for getting back to me with these details. 

I'm glad to hear that you solved this issue successfully. If you ended up purchasing this domain through Shopify, do you mind sharing what fixed the issue for you? That way, other Community members can see what troubleshooting steps to take if they're in the same position. 

In the meantime, I appreciate you sharing your feedback on the process of buying this domain. I understand your concerns, and I'll be sure to share your thoughts with our developers so that they're aware of the issues you had with the form. When our teams receive feedback like this, it helps us improve our platform and our processes, so this type of information is really valuable for us to receive. 

Thanks again for taking the time to share these details with us! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Hey Rae,

Glad to help. I purchased my domain off another domain provider and
followed the instructions to add an existing domain.

Was not happy that I had to spend more at the other provider, but I had no
choice - because buying the domain on Shopify seemed an impossible task at
the time and i needed to go live.

thanks- hope you guys fix that soon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 28 150

Hi, @nappingpaws!

Thank you for sharing this information. 

I'm sorry to hear that you ended up spending more on the domain at another provider. 

I understand this issue was time sensitive, so I wanted to mention that we do have a live Support team who is available 24/7 to help troubleshoot issues like this in real-time. They can be reached via this link

In the meantime though, I will certainly share your feedback with our teams. 

If I can assist further, please let me know! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

help me i have the same problem

0 Likes