Problem buying a new domain

Solved
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 39 225

Hi, @gixsqualo

Thanks for reaching out about the error you're receiving. I'm glad to help look into this further. 

Can you please confirm exactly what the error says on your end? Feel free to share a screenshot of just the error message, without showing any of your personal details, and I can certainly take a closer look. 

In the meantime though, have you had a chance to confirm that your details are all properly formatted in the form? Some common reasons why an error might appear are: 

• Formatting issues with a phone number. In some cases, this can be tied to the dial code for the country being incorrect, or formatted differently than expected. To check if this is the case, please edit your phone number in the 'Settings > General' section of your admin, and ensure to include the correct dial code for your country. 
  • The way the billing address is formatted. Please make sure that your address includes a number, and a street name that isn't abbreviated. For example, if you're using 'Road'  or Street', make sure to type these words in full, and not abbreviate them to 'Rd' or 'St'

Once I receive a screenshot and more details back from you, I'll be glad to provide more assistance! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
divawoods
1 0 1

I am having the same problem, time and time again, edit store information, I added the street number and cleared my cache. 

frustrating..

gurrams
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Team,

I have tried couple of times buying new domain name but everytime unsuccessful with the error 'Please try again'

Error.jpeg

Kindly review my account for the root cause.

Thanks

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 39 225

Hi, @divawoods and @gurrams

Thank you both for letting me know about the troubles you're encountering with purchasing domains. 

@divawoods, what does the error message that you're receiving say on your end? In order to look into this further, can you please reply to me here with a screenshot of just  the error message? Make sure that your personal information isn't included in this screenshot, as well. In the meantime though, I also recommend looking over the previous troubleshooting mentioned in this thread to ensure the error isn't tied to the way your phone number, or billing address, is formatted. 

@gurrams, thanks for the screenshot! I'm going to send you an email shortly with more information so that we can look into this further. If you still need assistance with this, please reply directly to my email once you receive it. 

I look forward to hearing back from you both soon! 

0 Likes
Lysjaunes
1 0 0

Help me i tried the alternative you suggested

0 Likes
Patilakshay
4 0 0
Iam also having same problem please help me same the screenshot problem
0 Likes
gurrams
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Team,
Make sure you are not trying to buy premium domain[exmaple.store etc.,] because those word value fluctuate based on the market reach.
You may try to check with other domain registrars for the *price!.
Good luck.

Thanks @Rae for the clarification on my issue. 

gurrams
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Team, 

Other than above, also verify that you opted for the subscription plan even though you are on trail period.

*Note that Shopify does not charge you until trail period end date.

Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 39 225

Hi, @Lysjaunes and @Patilakshay!

Thank you both for reaching out about this. 

@Lysjaunes, can you please clarify what the error said on your end? Once I have more details on the error message you received, I can certainly help look into this further. 

@Patilakshay, I appreciate you letting me know that you're having the same issue as the screenshot shared previously. I'm going to send you an email about this so that we can authenticate your account and look into this in more detail. Please make sure to reply directly back to my email once you receive it, and I'll be glad to provide more assistance with your domain purchase. 

Additionally, thank you for following up with us all here @gurrams! I appreciate you sharing these details about your experience, as this may help other Community members resolve the issues they're having, too. 

Best, 

0 Likes
Jenko
1 0 0

Hi team,

I am having the same problem, it wont let me purchase a domain and says 

"please try again"

"Edit Store Information"

I have gone through all the details again and again but still comes up with the same problem

0 Likes