Problem buying a new domain

Solved
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 57 249

Hi, @HydRevo

Of course. I'll follow up with you via email to gather some more information, and continue to lend a hand. 

Thanks! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Laboot_store
5 0 0
Please try to solve my issue, many users are facing the same issue, the domain i purchased isn't available for purchase. This is not acceptable! I have attached all snapshots that you required and yet no one is responding!.
0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 57 249

Hi, @Laboot_store

I understand the frustration this has caused, and the need to reach a resolution.

I've replied directly to you via email so that we can continue looking into this. Please follow up with me in that email thread so we can work towards a solution together. 

Thanks for your help! 

0 Likes
CCDIO
2 0 0

Ive been trying for days now and still not working. Are we suppose to wait for a year for an answer? its the same answer over and over. Its obviously not the CORRECT answer so why not have someone look into this?

Has anyone had any success or do we just purchase our domain somewhere else and transfer it?

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 57 249

Hi, @CCDIO

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concerns. I understand the frustration this has caused for you, and the importance of connecting a custom domain to your site. 

There are several reasons why merchants may receive an error when trying to purchase a domain. I've outlined some of these common factors previously in this thread, such as: 

Formatting issues with a phone number. In some cases, this can be tied to the dial code for the country being incorrect, or formatted differently than expected. To check if this is the case, please edit your phone number in the 'Settings > General' section of your admin, and ensure to include the correct dial code for your country. 
The way the billing address is formatted. Please make sure that your address includes a number, and a street name that isn't abbreviated. For example, if you're using 'Road'  or 'Street', make sure to type these words in full, and not abbreviate them to 'Rd' or 'St'

I'm glad to help look into the issue you're experiencing. I'll reach out to you shortly via email to authenticate your account and find the specific error you're seeing. Please make sure to reply directly to my email once you receive it so that we can work towards a resolution. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
CCDIO
2 0 0

Hi Looking forward to your response.

I changed everything that was requested and still getting an error. 

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 57 249

Hi, @CCDIO

I appreciate you following up. 

I reached out to you via email about this on October 14th. Did you receive this email? If not, I recommend checking your junk/spam folder to see if it landed there by mistake. 

Once you've located my email, please follow up with me there so that we can continue troubleshooting this situation on your account. 

I look forward to receiving your email reply! 

0 Likes
takariannie
2 0 1

I'm facing the same issue to change store information

piginablanket
1 0 1

Dude, you need to fix this instead of asking people to spell 'street' and 'road' properly. It's obviously not that, we have all tried it and it doesn't work. Fix the bug so we can buy a domain jeez

Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 57 249

Hi, @takariannie and @piginablanket

Thank you both for reaching out. 

@takariannie, I'll email you shortly to help investigate this further and determine which store details need to be changed. 

@piginablanket, I appreciate you trying some of the troubleshooting I mentioned previously in this thread. Since this didn't resolve the issue you're facing, I'm happy to take a closer look. I'll send you an email to authenticate your account so I can lend a hand with the specific issue you're facing. 

Cheers,