Problem of "> ">

Tourist
13 0 1

Hi everyone.

My website is about to be public in a few days.

But at the top left corner I see "> ">. It is very weird, I did not have that on the beginning.

I don't understand what it is, please help me to make it disappear.

https://www.letempsdesanimaux.fr/password

Best regards.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
36 7 34

Did you edit your theme.liquid file? Check in there for the characters you mentioned and remove them if present. 

Personal Shopify Development for $40 an hour. Contact me by private message or by email at info@kenkinneen.com
0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Well, I don't know. Please where is it possible to edit it ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
36 7 34

Hi, so if you go to the left side of your admin page you will see online store.

Screenshot 2019-02-04 at 21.14.23.png

Click this and then chose actions and then edit code.

Screenshot 2019-02-04 at 21.15.01.png

In this section choose layout and theme.liquid and see if there is any weird "<" present here. You can copy and paste the code if you like

Screenshot 2019-02-04 at 21.15.30.png

Thanks,

Ken.

Personal Shopify Development for $40 an hour. Contact me by private message or by email at info@kenkinneen.com
1 Like
Tourist
13 0 1

Well, thanks, I did what you said, but no "> "> in the HTML code of the theme.liquid...

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 1

My cat walked on the keyboard the other day and I saw a "1q2" at the top of my website, maybe the same case with you!

Go through the major liquid files and you'll probably see an extra "> "> there

1 Like
Tourist
13 0 1

On the one hand, well, thanks but in fact, as I am a beginner, I did not modify any html code directly from editing it.

And I don't have any cat at home. ^^

On the other hand, in recently inserted a meta tag from G suite and the code this tag is :

<meta property="og:description" content="<meta name=" google-site-verification"="">

It seems there is and odd number  of coma pair, which would indroduce one ">

Furthermore, the tag is inserted twice in the code, which would explain the second ">

How do I find this meta tag ?

It is when I go in Online Store > Customize.

Then I do right clic on the screen and choose "examine the item".

But which html file does it correspond to and where can I find this item ?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
36 7 34

Hi, your problem is surely there. 

Where did you insert that tag into? 

That is not the right tag. For g-suite it should look something like this 

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="+nxGUDJ4QpAZ5l9Bsjdi102tLVC21AIh5d1Nl23908vVuFHs34="/>

This tag below is a separate tag but it looks like you pasted the google tag inside of this one.

<meta property="og:description" content="">

1 Like
Tourist
13 0 1

Thank you. How to modify the code please ?

I regenerated the meta tag from the Gsuite and replaced it in shopify but the

<meta property="og:description" content="<meta name=" google-site-verification"="">

instruction remains in the html code of my webpage and I do not know how to remove it.

The place I put the new meta tag is : Sales channels > Online Store > Domains > Manage > Emails > Use third-party hosting service. At this place, there is a bar for inserting the meta tag.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
36 7 34

Please remove the code you added from this area and add it to the place in my initial reply to this thread that had four images in it. Add it in under another line starting with <meta in this file.

Thanks,

Ken Kinneen.

1 Like