Problem with PUT Method /admin/orders/#{id}.json

Shopify Partner
22 0 0

Hi Shopify,

I am downloaded  the shopify orders using programmatically via API. But trying to update the order shipping information to particular Order via API.But we are getting error as following

"The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. "

We are sending the following information

1) request data : 

{"order":{"id":"329260165","shipping_address": {"first_name":"Jane","last_name":"Smith","address1":"123 Fake Street","phone":"7777777777","city":"Fakecity","province":"Ontario","country":"Canada","zip":"H0H0H0"}}}

2) url  :                  https://aims360mainstore.myshopify.com/admin/orders/329260165.json

Please provide us the feedback as asap.

Regards,

Shahin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
591 0 45

At the moment Orders are Write-Once. You cannot change the address information on an order once it has been created. The closest thing you can do is update the order notes.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
22 0 0

Hi Chris Saunders,

Thanks for your reply and I have one more Question with fulfillment

I am trying to send the fulfillment information( like tracking number) to particular Order through API.But we are getting error as following

"The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. "

We are sending the following information

1) request data :            {"fulfillment":{"tracking_number":"123456789","notify_customer":true}}  

2) url  :                  https://aims360mainstore.myshopify.com/admin/orders/329260165/fulfillments.json

Please provide us the feedback as asap.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Shahin

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
591 0 45

403 Means you are lacking the sufficient API permissions. Does your application have permission to write_orders?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
22 0 0

Hi Chris Saunders,

Thanks for your reply.

i) Where we can see the permission in shopify store?

ii)suppose if we don't have permission to write_orders.  How set the permission?

Regards,

Shahin

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
591 0 45

You can't see the permission unless it's during the app install screen. If you want a quick way to ensure you have the right permissions require your customers to log into your app (invalidate all your sessions) and initiate the OAuth flow with the newly required scopes.

The merchant will be prompted to re-authorize your application since you'll be needing new permissions.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
22 0 0

Hi Chris Saunders,

thanks for given reply.I found problem while store created .Actually we are using scope:write_products,read_products,read_orders only.Now we have added write_orders its working the fulfillment.

Thanks,

Shahin

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
591 0 45

Excellent!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

does this mean i can place orders generated through my shopify app to the admin panel prgrammatically now?

0 Likes