Problem with bank account

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I am trying to setup a new bank account attached to my store to accept payments.  However, I don't have the old bank account information that was used to setup the account a few years ago.  We never setup the selling of products on the store but would like to do so now and want to make sure the bank account is setup properly.

How do I change the account without the old account info?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
582 40 87

Hi @Kenziehope

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, thanks for your question. Your old bank account information is required as a security measure. Is it at all possible to try and find your old bank account information? Here are some places you might be able to retrieve it from: 

• Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting your bank: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

If you do end up finding what you need, here are the steps to get your new account connected:

1. Log in to the store admin as the account owner (only the account owner has permissions to change the bank account tied to Shopify Payments)
  2. Settings - Payments providers
  3. Under Shopify Payments, click Manage
  4. Under Payout details, click Change bank account
  5. Enter the old/current banking details followed by the new banking details you wish to use, click Save.

Should you find yourself unable to locate the information you need, feel free to let me know and I will contact you with the next steps. You are also always free to reach out to our 24/7 live support for assistance.

Best of luck! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Ok, we were able to hunt down the old number.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
582 40 87

That's great news! Thanks for letting me know @Kenziehope. Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can do to assist. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I have the same problem - however I'm confident that I've exhausted all ways of finding it with no luck.

Is there another option please?

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello @Ren7 . I have the same problem outlined in the previous post.

I had a personal PayPal account. I applied this PayPal account as my payout account. When I tried to enable Paypal express checkout on my store, PayPal told me I needed a business account to make it happen. So I upgraded to a PayPal business account. In doing so, PayPal canceled my personal account and now I don't have the original routing or account numbers.

I want to change my bank account for my payouts, but Shopify won't allow it. I have already discussed this at length with PayPal, and they say there is simply no way to retrieve the old numbers. Now I am stuck. What should I do next? Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
582 40 87

Hello @TradrJoe

Thanks for your post. Just to clarify, are you looking to add a bank account to accept payments using Shopify Payments? Or is this still a PayPal connection issue? Are you seeing any error messages when attempting to connect or does it just seem to load or get stuck in a loop? 

If you are in fact looking at connecting a bank account but you no longer have access to the old information and cannot find the number the methods below, please let me know and I can reach out via secure email to get the ball rolling on an internal investigation into the issue. 

If you can try to find the number, some places to search would be:

• Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting your bank: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

Cheers for now,

0 Likes