Problem with inventory / stock

Mallabarius
2 0 0
Have a big problem with products pages showing available - undefined in stock or sold out.
I can see inventory quatities, but products only shows the above status. I have tried to talk to the theme developer, but he has'nt managed to fix the problem yet. Cant do any marketing before stock is correct. Any suggestons for a quick fix? Have read som places that it might require some coding....
0 Likes
BrianAtWork
Shopify Partner
242 58 133

Hi @Mallabarius,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I understand you're having a problem with your theme not displaying the correct inventory status. You've spoken to the theme developer but no fix has been made.

The solution probably does require coding. I may be able to help you with this.

Will you please share a link to your store?

Brian | Shopify Partner | Ecommerce Consultant
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution  
 - Need further assistance? Visit www.BrianAtWork.com

0 Likes
Mallabarius
2 0 0
Thats correct.
Theme developer has not fixed the problem.
Ill send you a pm with the link. Shop is not complete because inventory quantity issues.
Thanks
0 Likes
robertnolla
2 0 0

Hi,

I have this exact same problem. Some produts show up as out of stock in Shopify and in the website although they do have stock for some of the variants in Aliexpress and Oberlo. Could anybody help me with this? I cannot launch the shop until this issue is not fix so I would really appreciate any support.

Many thanks!

0 Likes

Hi there - could you provide a link to your store?

In the past, I've seen this come up sometimes when a combination of a variant hasn't been created.  The solution of creating all variant combinations, then setting those 'not in stock' to 0, often resolves this. May be worth a try?  Below is what I mean.

Let's say you're selling two T-Shirts: Red and Green. In Red, you have Small and Medium. In Green, Medium and Large.  With some themes, if you were to create those variants as follows:

Red - S

Red - M

Green - M

Green - L

... then you will notice that two variants are missing, as far as Shopify is concerned:

Red - L

Green - S

In some themes, the theme doesn't pick up that the variants just 'don't exist', and will therefore show an error.

If this is the case on your store, try creating the missing variants (in this case, Red - L and Green - S), and setting their inventory to 0.  This may help to remove the error, while showing "Out Of Stock" as it should.

Previously worked at Shopify; now I run my own stores and help businesses improve their Shopify stores through my course: Thrive On Shopify. | More revenue. Save Time. Less Stress. | https://www.growlikeanelephant.com/thrive
0 Likes
robertnolla
2 0 0

Hi! 

Many thanks for your feedback. I tried to delete all the products and imported them again and that fixed the issue. I guess there was a glitch when importing the products or I did something wrong the first time. But everything is ok now!

Thank you again!

0 Likes
Great to hear :)
Previously worked at Shopify; now I run my own stores and help businesses improve their Shopify stores through my course: Thrive On Shopify. | More revenue. Save Time. Less Stress. | https://www.growlikeanelephant.com/thrive
0 Likes
Almacen_Uno
Tourist
6 0 0

Hello my friend, we are looking for someone to help us with final tuning for our site, we have some troubles with our product with variants at the inventory setup time too.

Also, are you familiar with Empire theme from pixel union?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes