Problems with incomplete Addresses

SimonvR
Tourist
5 0 2

Dear community,

we suffer heavily from incomplete addresses. The most common issue is the lack of a house number. Therefore, I did a lot of research in this community and consulted the support. However, I didn't find a suitable answer yet.

I'd like to ask if anyone knows of a potential fix for the issue of receiving incomplete addresses. I'd like to make sure that the customers need to enter a complete address (street, house number etc.). 

I have a couple of ideas but I don't know if those are possible:

• Disable autofill (not Google autofill, but the browser internal autofill). Essentially disable every possibility of an autofilled address.
  • Split the address field into one for the street and another for the house number (I don't mean adding the second address line and rename it, that causes problems with printing the DHL labels.

I don't think that it's sufficient to rename the fields to remind the customers to enter the address completely (e. g. "Put in a complete address incl. street and house number" or "Don't forget to enter your house number"). I want to make sure that the addresses are complete and if the house number is missing, the checkout can't be completed unless entered.

I found the Shopify plug-in "Address validator" but since it costs $0,03 per validation, I want to find a solution which is less cost intensive. 

I appreciate every feedback!

Many thanks and best regards

Simon

0 Likes
eatmebfc
1 0 0

Did you ever find a solution?  We are also struggling with address validation...or lack there of!

0 Likes
SimonvR
Tourist
5 0 2

Hey,

sadly no. We are just now implementing a self-developed workaround but as of right now, we don't really know if it'll do the job. 

Shopify added a disclaimer per default, which everybody should have with the latest update. However, this one's only a passive disclaimer saying that you shouldn't forget to enter your house number but it won't do anything if you still don't enter a complete address. 

There's a plugin, the Address Validator but it costs money each time an address is validated.

0 Likes