Product Not Out of Stock, Just one Size

CurlGear
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm using the buy button and it displays the smallest size. For some products that size is out of stock. I don't want customers to think all of the products are out of stock.

Any suggestions on how to make it so products aren't out of stock when other sizes are in stock?

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 2.26.29 PM.png

Replies 4 (4)

Qualitycheck
Shopify Expert
1449 114 233

hi,

currently show a Product inventory base outofstock or  add to cart 

if you want show a on the basis of variant than show a proper

your desired result

Please feel free to reach out at infoperennialsolution@gmail.com for any further queries.
Email: info@perennialsolution.com

May
Shopify Staff
333 33 176

Hi, @CurlGear!

This is May from Shopify. Welcome to our Shopify Community!

Thank you for posting your question here. Buy Button pulls the first variant that is listed on your product editor inside the admin. I do agree that this is not ideal, especially for situations like this where the first variant is sold out. I have passed this feedback to our developers so that this can be restructured in the future. In the mean time, to avoid 'Sold out' button, when only one variant is sold out, you will want to reorder the variant so that the sold out variant is not the first variant being displayed. Here is a document for instructions on how to reorder your variants. 

If you have any followup questions, feel free to reply to this thread or contact our 24/7 live support!

Cheers!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

thistleandpoppy
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi May! I was wondering if there have been any developments with this issue. I'm encountering the same issue and it's very frustrating!! Thanks!

parcemiami
Visitor
1 0 0

Similar issue. I have a one size fits all product. I made that change in bulk edit and those products are still showing up as out of stock and won't go on my instagram shop

I have one variant for it and it is a color