Product Pages Loading Very Slowly

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

In the last several days, my product pages have started taking a significant amount of time to load.  I have tried removing some of the apps I am using, disabling some, nothing seems to fix the issue.  Unfortunately, when it comes to HTML, I am just a beginner.  So it its a problem with the code, I am not sure how to diagnose the issue.  Would someone possibly be able to offer any suggestions please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 2 4

Can we get more details of the store like what is the store URL?

So we can check and I can suggest few things which  you can do to improve store site speed.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0
Sorry about that, I suppose the URL would be required. It’s www.retronisce.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 2 4

Hey again,

I can see there are many errors on the website. 

Like there are multiple text that are not visible to the website.

I can help you solve that and also be able help with the site speed issue too.

You can contact me via Skype: live:.cid.232325e29ddb2074

or you can contact me via Email: synergyinfoway@gmail.com

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
1151 0 0

This is an accepted solution.

I can shed some light on why your store isn't performing well - it's related to the apps you have installed (this is an issue for many apps on Shopify: https://speedboostr.com/how-apps-affect-load-speed/).

First off, the pages I tested hardly had any content but are running 50 scripts each - which is really high considering 1/3rd of them contain 60% or more unused content. The page weight is almost 4mb, which is double the size I'd recommend if you're targeting a mobile audience.

Annotation 2020-06-05 104852.png

You can view your results here: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fo3fqny6la

You don't have too many issues around images aside from the ads you're serving (these load images over 1000px wide for example when they appear as 200px thumbnails). I think you might consider an alternative method of serving ads on your site since this does have a major impact to speed when there are several of them:

Annotation 2020-06-05 105308.png

Varinode also takes almost 3 full seconds to load and blocks other page content from loading quickly (aside from a few styles and scripts):

Annotation 2020-06-05 104539.png

In my opinion, your ROI for this app would need to be very high to consider keeping it installed due to the performance issues I see around it. You might reach out to the app developer and see if they're able to adjust to correct the performance issues - scale images properly, compress images, and adjust the load order so your page content loads before the app content.

0 Likes