Product Recommendations Dont Show - Boundless Theme

shineessentials
3 0 0

Hi guys,

I need some major help. Product recommendations don't show at all on my page. What can I do to fix it? The code should work out of the box with boundless theme, but I'm not having any luck with it.

Thanks,

Sara

0 Likes
ThemuMitch
Explorer
45 11 11

Hi Sara,

First, navigate to the theme customizer. If you haven't done this before, instructions can be found here:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings

Then, follow these steps (for desktop):

1. At the top left of the page, select Product pages in the drop down menu.
  2. With the Sections tab highlighted in the left menu, click on Product recommendations.
  3. Check the Show dynamic recommendations checkbox.

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 12.45.10.png

After following these steps, product recommendations should then appear on your product pages.

I hope this helps.

Was your problem solved? Please mark this post as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes
shineessentials
3 0 0

Hi there

Thanks so much for your response. I have the recommendations turned on but they don't show in certain situations.

After playing around a little more,  I found that :

-if I go to a product through my home page (/products/<product name>) - the product recommendations DO NOT show.

-If I go to a product through my collections page (/collections/frontpage/<product name>)- the product recommendations DO show.

Just as an FYI, at the moment I only have one collection and it is all on my home page..

Is there a way to make the product recommendations always show? 

0 Likes
ThemuMitch
Explorer
45 11 11

I've found an article which details the behaviour of the product recommendations section:

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/develop-theme-recommended-products

I think this part of the article describes what is happening in your case:

If the product doesn't have a collection URL, then the recommendation algorithm finds collections that include the product and pulls other products from those instead (excluding collections with handles “all” and “frontpage”)."

With this information, in order to have related products appear you may need to create another collection (not "all" or "frontpage") that includes the related products. If this isn't appropriate for your needs, the article goes on to say that once your store develops a purchase history, product recommendations will start to appear even for products without a collection URL.

I hope this helps.

Was your problem solved? Please mark this post as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes