Product Template Help

jenstreet
4 0 0

I am using the Minimal theme.

I customized product-template.liquid to display a customized product page. It looks exactly how I want it for the most part. HOWEVER, I noticed that if I access this same page via the product recommendations at the bottom of the page, the customized product page content does not appear how I need it to. 

Temporary Site Password: michigan81

Go to Create Your Own --> and then click on the first listed product. You'll see this:

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.35.21 PM.png

However, if I click on a similar product in the product recommendations section at the bottom, it now displays like this (full unedited product title, includes the pink bar which I don't want, and it is missing the purple and pink boxes that contains information I DO want):

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.36.50 PM.png

Can someone advise what I need to do to fix this? I'm guessing it has to do with the URL structure, but I'm not sure how to fix it:

Correctly-displayed version: https://dejadoodle.com/collections/dejadoodle-silhouettes/products/dejadoodle-light-skin-no-freckles...

Incorrectly-displayed version: https://dejadoodle.com/products/dejadoodle-light-skin-black-hair-body-style-a?pr_prod_strat=collecti...

0 Likes
NAVEKI
Shopify Partner
14 0 2

It might be a conditional surrounding your "purple and pink boxes that contains information" that you want. Could you post that piece of code? Should be in your sections/product-template.liquid.

0 Likes
jenstreet
4 0 0

Hey! Here are the parts that are not displaying approprpiately.

<h1 class="product-single__title" itemprop="name">
{% if collection.title == 'Create Your Own' %}
Create Your Own DejaDoodle<sup>&#8482;</sup>
{% elsif collection.title == 'DejaDoodle Silhouettes' %}
DejaDoodle<sup>&#8482;</sup> Silhouette
{% else %}
{{ product.title }}
{% endif %}
</h1>

<div id="product-page-crosslink" itemprop="name">
{% else %}
<div id="product-page-crosslink-text">Want a complete look? Our <a href="/collections/create-your-own-dejadoodle">starter collection</a> includes 1 silhouette, 1 hairstyle, and 1 outfit.</div>
{% endif %}
</div>

<h1 class="product-single__title" itemprop="name">

{% if product.tags contains "Freckles" %}
<span class="freckles-product-description">With Freckles<br></span>
{% endif %}

{% if product.tags contains "Silhouette - A" %}
<span id="product-page-descriptions">Silhouette - <span class="color-purple">Style A</span></span>
{% elsif product.tags contains "Silhouette - B" %}
<span id="product-page-descriptions">Silhouette - <span class="color-purple">Style B</span></span>
{% endif %}

{% if product.tags contains "Hair Color - Dark Side Black" %}
<br><span id="product-page-descriptions">Hair Color - <span class="color-purple">Dark Side Black</span></span>
{% elsif product.tags contains "Hair Color - Sandy Brown" %}
<br><span id="product-page-descriptions">Hair Color - <span class="color-purple">Sandy Brown</span></span>
{% elsif product.tags contains "Hair Color - Tangled Up in Blonde" %}
<br><span id="product-page-descriptions">Hair Color - <span class="color-purple">Tangled Up in Blonde</span></span>
{% elsif product.tags contains "Hair Color - Under the Sea Red" %}
<br><span id="product-page-descriptions">Hair Color - <span class="color-purple">Under the Sea Red</span></span>
{% elsif product.tags contains "Hair Color - Happily Ever After Grey" %}
<br><span id="product-page-descriptions">Hair Color - <span class="color-purple">Happily Ever After Grey</span></span>
{% endif %}

{% if product.tags contains "Skin Tone - Light" %}
<br><span id="product-page-descriptions">Skin Tone - <span class="color-purple">Light</span></span>
{% elsif product.tags contains "Skin Tone - Medium" %}
<br><span id="product-page-descriptions">Skin Tone - <span class="color-purple">Medium</span></span>
{% elsif product.tags contains "Skin Tone - Dark" %}
<br><span id="product-page-descriptions">Skin Tone - <span class="color-purple">Dark</span></span>
{% endif %}

</h1>

<p>
<span class="package-includes">Your starter collection includes 1 silhouette, 1 hairstyle, and 1 outfit</span>
{% endif %}

</p>
<p>
<span class="choose-hairstyle-outfit"><i class="fas fa-heart"></i>&nbsp; Choose your hairstyle &amp; outfit. &nbsp;<i class="fas fa-heart"></i></span>
<span class="choose-hairstyle-outfit-small-italic">PSSSST … heads up: The image preview will not change based on your selection.</span>
<span class="choose-hairstyle-outfit-small">View all hair and outfit choices by browsing the thumbnails.</span>
{% endif %}

</p>

0 Likes
jenstreet
4 0 0

I have updated the link structure a bit. I wanted to share the new URLs

Here is the product displaying correctly:

https://dejadoodle.com/collections/create-your-own-dejadoodle/products/dejadoodle-light-skin-tone-da...

Here is the incorrect view:

https://dejadoodle.com/products/dejadoodle-light-skin-tone-dark-side-black-hair-silhouette-style-a?p...

0 Likes