Product Vendor Filter

Highlighted
2 0 0

I recently changed the vendor name on several products, from multiple vendor names to one vendor name. On the Products panel, the filter button for Vendors still lists all of the old vendors even though no products exist for the vendor. Ho can I refresh the filter listing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
798 41 122

Hey, @belloshops!

Can I ask what theme you are currently using? Can you post a link to the product or collection page where the vendor lists are still showing? I'd like to look into this further for you now, so if I could get a store link I would have more context on the scope of the issue.

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am using the Venture theme. 

https://bello-shops-llc.myshopify.com/admin/products?selectedView=all

If you filter by most of the vendors, it states "No products found"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
798 41 122

Ah, I see! This would be a link to your admin so I'm afraid I can't open this without proper authentication. I have looked into this further for you though, as I first thought the vendor was still showing for you on your live theme. This behaves a little differently in the admin! At the moment, there's no way to remove vendor names from products in the admin. Once a vendor name is created, it cannot be removed from the admin. This is a limitation our development team are aware of, but will hopefully make it easier in the future to remove a vendor after it is no longer needed.

I have submitted this to our internal team to be reviewed as a possible future feature of the admin. As our platform is constantly growing and improving, our team love to get feedback from our merchants on what features/edits they need to improve their workflow. So hopefully, this can be something that is available in the future.

There is never a guarantee that a request will get a Green Light, *or* make it to a product launch, but we really do appreciate you reaching out with your suggestion, as I’m sure you’re not the only merchant with this request.

While we would not have a specific timeline for how long that might take, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcements page. We will post any new updates or developments there.

The only workaround for this at the moment would be to export your product list to a CSV, remove the vendor name on the CSV file and then reimport the full product list into the admin. If you wanted to test this out before you try this in your own admin, you can open a development store to use as a testing ground! Development stores are free to start and free to run, you'd only need to pay if you decided to start to run it as its own store (and began to take orders.) If you kept it as a testing ground though, it would not cost you anything. Many merchants do this to trial theme changes/navigation updates, etc without making any changes to their main store. In the development store, you can import a CSV file of your products as they are currently, then remove the vendor in the CSV and reimport there first to be sure this is a viable option for your store. 

I know this answer is not ideal, so thank you for your patience here!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes