Product description editing and duplication

callycosmetics
Excursionist
23 1 2

Hi There 

We sell gel polish nail products and a good chunk of the descriptions are the same of each other but have slight differences.

I would like to know is there any way i can copy these in bulk as i have a bout 30 products and i want them to look all nice and clean on my site.

Just wondering if there is a easier solution rather than copy and pasting... also the duplicate option will not work as they have different pics etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Lance 

Replies 4 (4)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hi,

you can Import products with a CSV file,

check this: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/import-export/import-products 

otherwise you have to upload manually one by one, duplication is failed solution !

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey Lance

The best way would be to export a product from Shopify so you have the correct csv format. Then it would be a matter of duplicating the rows. Be careful you create a new handle for each new product as if you use the identical one it will override it on Shopify. You would need to add image links or go back into imported products and upload them. But at least all the identical data is already there so no need to copy and paste it in.

Regards

Tom

callycosmetics
Excursionist
23 1 2

Hi There 

Thankyou so much for responding and helping me with this... is there any documents you can share as test cases so i can understand the format on how to apply this.

Many thanks

Lance 

hopps
Tourist
44 0 1

Hi there! Here's an answer to your question: https://app.hopps.io/videos/how-do-i-edit-and-duplicate-product-descriptions-178659b6612. If it doesn't make sense or you still have questions, one of the experts can walk you through the solution.