Product description shows twice

Solved
Tourist
26 0 2

Hello all,

Could someone help me please.  My product description is showing twice on my product page.  I don't know how to correct this.  I deleted the code on lines 200 to 208 but and it was removed but I got an httm error, I think, so I put it back.  www.lrmapparel.com, Retina theme.description 1.PNGdescription 2.PNGdescription 3.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
640 59 127

Hey there, @Your_Bag_Store 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. As Retina is a third party theme I would recommend reaching out to their support team here if the following tutorial does not work. 

Thank you for adding the screenshot to your query, it really helped when determining what this issue was. While deleting a section of code can remove can delete it from your store we would generally recommend that you instead comment it out, that way the theme's original code is not missing chunks if you ever needed to reassess what you have gotten rid of. Commenting out a chunk of code causes the theme to read everything between the comment tags as an internal message as opposed to theme code and so it does not show up on the storefront. To do so, you would add {% comment %} to the start of the code you want to remove and {% endcomment %} to the end of it. 

To resolve this issue we are going to comment out lines 200-207.  Make sure that the </div> on line 208 is not included between the comment tags. The end result will look like this: 

{% comment %}  {% if product.description contains "<!-- split -->"  %}
    <br class="clear" />
    <div class="section clearfix">
      <div class="description">
        {{ product.description | split: '<!-- split -->' | last }}
      </div>
    </div>
  {% endif %} {% endcomment %}
  </div>

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
26 0 2

Thanks so much @Bo.  It worked perfectly!

1 Like