Product images Issue

ShutterFox
11 0 0

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 21.00.40.pngHey does any one know when I upload my product images I sometimes get these lines after I've viewed the product, I've uploaded the image 2048x2048 at 300DPI, quality output 12 - I've also tried 2048 x2048 at 72DPI but still happening? Any help on this would be really appreciated. Thanks!  

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 17 13

Hi @ShutterFox.

Thank you for your message and for sharing this image and context from your shop.

It's tough to tell initially if this issue is due to the file you are uploading or an issue with the theme you are using, what theme are you using for your shop? 

You also mention that you only sometimes see these lines on the image, have you checked an unpublished Shopify theme to see if the issue can be replicated on another theme? Regardless of the theme, you are using, you should be able to test this out. You can do this by heading to your admin and Online store>Themes>Theme Library and adding a new free Shopify theme and previewing it to see if the issue persists:

You could also try adding the same product image to a different "Section" of your primary theme, to see if the issue persists in a different section of your current theme. 

I would love to get a closer look to compare how the image looks on my end if you could provide me with a link to your store in your response. There may be some alternative troubleshooting steps I can provide for you depending on your theme! 

Please feel free to reach back out here with that further context so I can take a look!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ShutterFox
11 0 0

Hey Marty, 

Thank you for getting back to me. The image I'm uploading hasn't even got any moire and it only happens on the full product page not when I click into the individual  products. Hmm I haven't launch my site just yet to share any link I'm using Supply theme? 

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 17 13

Hi @ShutterFox.

Thank you for getting back to me. 

If you are comfortable disabling your password page and sharing your store link, I would be happy to take a closer look. You can disable your store password in your admin under Online store and Preferences:

Doing this will technically make your shop live, however, you can always re-enable the password page later.  If you are not willing to do this at this time, that is totally understandable as well, if that is the case, I would recommend reaching out to a live support member who can access your shop and take a closer look. While we are not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. 

Since this is the next step I have marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi @ShutterFox, did you check are there white spaces on the left and right of your image? Crop your image to remove these white spaces then upload your image again. 

Dan from Ryviu
0 Likes
ShutterFox
11 0 0

Hey, Yeah all cropped to as far as image can go into the square, I'm thinking maybe If I made my product listings images a little bigger? Would that help? As this would mean the image isn't being downsampled as much, so less detail is being sqaushed into the small boxes that I have at the moment? If so do you know how I could do this, like the code I'd need and where to enter it? Thanks for everyones help so far on this problem  

0 Likes
ShutterFox
11 0 0

Ive managed to enlarge the collection product pages by changing it to 3 columns instead of 4 Thanks for all your help! till next time haha! 

0 Likes
Danielkebbe84
Tourist
15 0 2

To Do So follow these simple steps:

---
Thanks & Regards
Daniel Kebbe
0 Likes