Solved

Can I mark out of stock products as 'Coming Soon'?

JoshMP
5 0 0

Hi, is it possible to have a product marked as "Coming Soon' instead of "Sold Out" when out of stock and there is an active pending transfer?

Accepted Solution (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @JoshMP! Thanks for your question. 

Take a look at this thread about the same topic. It goes over how to change the wording on your Add to cart button from ‘Sold out’ to ‘Coming soon’ from within your theme’s language editor.

However, if you’re looking to apply the changes to just certain products that are sold out, then I recommend using a third party app from the Shopify App Store. For example, check out:

These options replace the ‘Sold out’ button on your out of stock items with a customizable button where you can choose the wording, colors, allow your customers to pre-order, and even set timers for when the product is back in stock. If you have any questions about these, or any other third party apps, please contact the app developer directly; They’ll be your best resource for assistance.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @JoshMP! Thanks for your question. 

Take a look at this thread about the same topic. It goes over how to change the wording on your Add to cart button from ‘Sold out’ to ‘Coming soon’ from within your theme’s language editor.

However, if you’re looking to apply the changes to just certain products that are sold out, then I recommend using a third party app from the Shopify App Store. For example, check out:

These options replace the ‘Sold out’ button on your out of stock items with a customizable button where you can choose the wording, colors, allow your customers to pre-order, and even set timers for when the product is back in stock. If you have any questions about these, or any other third party apps, please contact the app developer directly; They’ll be your best resource for assistance.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.