Product review option now appearing on my product pages

Solved
freshfleshuk
1 0 0

Does anyone know where in the code to find out what app is applying the customer reviews?  I get the star rating option applied at the top of each product page which then directs you to the 'customer reviews' form at the bottom of the product page (see screenshot) so you can post a review.

I've not installed any specific customer reviews app (including the shopify created one), and not recently made any changes to the apps i've got installed.  I've been through each app I do have installed (one by one) and can't see in any of them an option to enable reviews.  Any help would be appreciated.

Capture.JPG

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
465 44 100

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @freshfleshuk!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your question. There are lots of themes that come with product review options pre-installed, so it's possible that's why you see it. Another possibility is that you previously installed a product review app, but did not remove the code when uninstalling the app

Share some more details with us and we can help you identify where it's coming from and how to disable it.

1. Which theme and version are you using?
    If this option is built-in to your theme, you can likely disable it from Admin > Online Store > Themes > Product Pages

2. Have you installed a product review app in the past? If so, which one?
    Each app has different install instructions, hence, different uninstall instructions too. You can typically find uninstall instructions on the app's page through our App Store

I look forward to your reply.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog