Product size filter allows multiple sizes to be selected, but with that no products are shown-Theme

ShopGoodSammy
1 0 0

Hello!

When someone tries to buy clothes on the store, and chooses one size, and then another, nothing shows up- Because it's sorted by two sizes; The size selected before is not removed automatically, which is not user-friendly. Is there a way to make this automatic, and user-friendly?

Thank you very much!

Screenshots:

0.PNG

1.PNG

0 Likes

Hey @ShopGoodSammy ,

Absolutely possible, but it would require Liquid/Javascript knowledge to implement this feature, I'm afraid that unfortunately there is no simple copy-paste solution otherwise I'd happily guide you through.

In case you're unfamiliar with these technologies you'll likely want to hire a Shopify developer to assist you.

If it is of your wish, I present myself available to help you, just shoot me an e-mail.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Using a free theme? Improve it with copy/paste code snippets clicking here.
◦ Looking to hire an experienced developer? Same day response: ezfycode@gmail.com.
0 Likes
Nancy_Drake
Trailblazer
137 8 14

Hello @ShopGoodSammy 

The filter by theme uses "AND" condition. When users select multiple sizes, i.e XS and S at the same time, it will find the items which have both "XS and S" in one option. This will lead to no results found. You can improve the product filtering with Ultimate Filter & Search app https://apps.shopify.com/ultimate-search-and-filter-1. It allows multiple filtering, so your customers can always see items of size "XS, "S", "M" or multiple brands. The app supports many Shopify themes including Wookie and matches the theme template. You can duplicate the live theme and install the app on the copied one. This will not affect other themes in your store.

0 Likes